Dutch Springs during Winter???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wild! can't believe it doesn't freeze?!?!? Bainbridge freezes most years...we had to push our first dives this year back a week because the ice STILL wasn't gone....

I should take an ice diving course for the halibut...

They are opened several weekends in winter but it is by appointment only from instructors. So, if an instructor you know is heading up during the winter you could ask to tag along.

Yes, I heard that divers have access during the winter months because they go with their instructors.

They are open for a New Year's Eve dive, only one dive and you have to be out of the water by 2PM was what I was told.:)

Dutch is beautiful in the winter - I usually go on New Year's eve day, and the water temperature is about the same at depth as it is in the summer.

The surface temperature drops, but there still is a thermocline. Very nice visibility due to the lack of significant dive pressure! Here are some pix:

See you there!

Mike

Very nice pics DoctorMike. Are you going there this year? If you are, I would love to join you guys.

Absolutely, unless I have a conflict (one possible family event). I'll be setting up a group through the Sea Gypsies...

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom