Dvt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

although I have made private appologies I would like to say a public I'm sorry for attacking the OP.

heliflyer:
Later on in the evening it dawned on him after taking a seminar that it was stated that the DVT mechanism activates at around this psi due to the spring mechanism,this was not told to me or my wife prier to or after the sale to us.

I just tested two Delta 4 regulators, right out of the box without any adjustments. At only 20 PSI, I was able to get a maximum flow rate of about 28 CFM on both of them. I don't see the DVT having any effect on the breathing performance of the regulator. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Great thread. I'm happy to own a lot of Oceanic (and Aeris) equipment, and it's good to see the manufacturer getting involved.

I bought a pair of Delta 4's last year, and I'm extremely happy with them. But the dealer (Diver's Direct, or whatever they're called nowadays) talked me out of getting the DVT first stage because of "numerous and well known" problems, including things like a constant "quacking" sound above and below the water. (I like Diver's Direct, so this isn't an attempt at throwing them under the bus.) I ended up going with the previous version (CDX10, or something like that) and saving a few hundred dollars.

So is this a real problem? I haven't seen anything in this forum. Has it been fixed?

I also thought I saw something about upgrading to DVT technology. Is that possible? Everytime I dunk my regs in the tank for cleaning, I worry whether the cap in on tight enough, too tight, etc. I would love to have DVT if it didn't cost too much - maybe $100 per first stage.

HappyFunBoater:
Great thread. I'm happy to own a lot of Oceanic (and Aeris) equipment, and it's good to see the manufacturer getting involved.

I bought a pair of Delta 4's last year, and I'm extremely happy with them. But the dealer (Diver's Direct, or whatever they're called nowadays) talked me out of getting the DVT first stage because of "numerous and well known" problems, including things like a constant "quacking" sound above and below the water. (I like Diver's Direct, so this isn't an attempt at throwing them under the bus.) I ended up going with the previous version (CDX10, or something like that) and saving a few hundred dollars.

So is this a real problem? I haven't seen anything in this forum. Has it been fixed?

I also thought I saw something about upgrading to DVT technology. Is that possible? Everytime I dunk my regs in the tank for cleaning, I worry whether the cap in on tight enough, too tight, etc. I would love to have DVT if it didn't cost too much - maybe $100 per first stage.

We did some posting on a "quacking" that early DVT products had, it is no longer an issue. If you want to upgrade to the FDX10 first stage with DVT call Ron Landess at 510-562-0500 ext 226 and I'm sure we can get you upgraded without breaking the bank. We only shipped the Delta 4 with the CDX5 for a short time while we worked out the harmonics on the FDX10.

Best,

Chris

mattroz:
although I have made private appologies I would like to say a public I'm sorry for attacking the OP.

Apology(sp) accepted.I tried to return your PM but I think we are having server problems on the board.To let everyone know,Doug is doing everything possible to help me out with my problems(except for being an airhog :D ),that I'll have to deal with myself. Anyway,I honestly was seeking help,not trying to stir things up.I feel Oceanic makes excellant equipment thats why my wife and I purchased it. Again,sorry if I ruffled any feathers here.
Lanny

WOW....thats impressive and some great customer service by Oceanic!!! Thats why they are my number one line and I have complete with their customer service and backing of their products!!! Bob Hollis is a great man, I met him at DEMA and had dinner with all of Oceanic at BukoDebepos(spelling)

Thanks for the Award and Dinner Oceanic!!!!

Dive Right In Scuba:
WOW....thats impressive and some great customer service by Oceanic!!! Thats why they are my number one line and I have complete with their customer service and backing of their products!!! Bob Hollis is a great man, I met him at DEMA and had dinner with all of Oceanic at BukoDebepos(spelling)

Thanks for the Award and Dinner Oceanic!!!!

Update on my issues- Oceanic service is nothing less than exceptional! Doug and everyone I talked to went out of there way to replace my wife and I's equipment with no questions asked. And since we got are Nitrox and AOW cert. this summer. If anyone
needs proof that this company takes care of ther customers ask me, no bull! :D Now if I just had a hat, I'd were it proudly :) .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom