E-PL1 and PT-EP01 Special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pulled the trigger. Debating whether to sell my trusty xz-1 set up. It fits nicely into my reg bag, camera tray/arm, single strobe. I don’t think I’m going to lug the pen to the Philippines......

you can try fleabay or scamazon...adorama sells on both sites. rec'd conf email on shipping, looks lik a type II lens is shipping, so ill get the focus ring. whars a good add on lens? would love something wide angle.

I called and Adorama and they have one bundle left so I just bought it. I'm moving from a Stylus 8000. I have no idea what I just bought :) I mean I'm not so much into photography. Just like to take photo's when I'm diving to show friends family on FB and for the memories. Anyway, seemed like a great deal.

Guess now I need a strobe and arm.

I will be back with questions I'm sure. Thanks in advance for your help. Also thanks to the OP. I would have never known about it otherwise.

got the camera and housing this week. still have the zoom ring coming in the mail, grr. the logistics of living so far out in the middle of nowhere, next day air or even getting packages in a consistent timeframe is non-existent. sometimes 10 days, sometimes a month. gonna get it wet this weekend on a boat dive ocean side, give it a test drive. no zoom ring. my best guess is to leave the 14-42 somewhere in the middle. ill be mostly working out the strobe and setting issues, dry run.

im going to the Philippines on tuesday for a couple of weeks, i'll be stuck dragging my xz-1 setup along. sucks not to be able to play with a new toy.

all said, pretty darn happy with the cost /value of this package, albiet last years toys.

fits my persona to a tee. not a new car kinda guy.

Can you change ports on this housing? or are you stuck with the 14-42 and 9-18?

Zen makes a dome port for this housing.

I will also be in the Philippines next week with my new setup. First time beyond point n shoot with housing. I will share my rooky photos if interested.

Can you change ports on this housing? or are you stuck with the 14-42 and 9-18?

a. Yes, you can change ports on the housing (although I believe doing so voids the warranty, but no promises on that one). There are at least two after market makers of ports for the E-PLx housings -- Zen and Athena. I am told that switching out ports is pretty trivial although having a strap wrench might help!

b. No, you are not stuck with just those two lenses -- nor with Olympus lenses for that matter. Both Panasonic and Olympus micro 4/3rds lenses will work -- including the Panasonic 8 mm fisheye and 7 - 14 mm wide angle lens. I'm sure someone will come on and discuss the 12 - 50 mm Olympus macro lens (don't know which port is used).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom