E-PL3 "software freeze" - has this happened to anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProfF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

During the third dive of the day, after installing a fresh battery (and a different port), the camera "froze" on me. This happened fairly early on in the dive. The camera stopped responding. The screen showed the viewfinder mode frozen on a particular instant of time. Playing with the keys (including on/off) did not effect the display. The camera stayed in form throughout the dive. After washing, drying and opening the housing, I saw that this is not due to misplacement inside the housing. The only way to reset the camera was removing the battery. After reinserting the battery the camera returned to life and functioned normally for the next dive and on the following day.

Any idea what could cause this? I suspected this might be due to the heat (it was at least 40C/100F outside). I made sure to keep the housing in the shade, but it was still quite hot.

BTW, I upgraded to the latest firmware last week, might be relevant.

Thanks!

-Nir

Hi!

Yes, the same happened to me, only it was the second dive. The battery was not fresh, but still sufficiently charged. My camera was at that moment (approx. one month ago) at the current firmware. My camera was warm, but not really hot. This happened in the Lembeh Strait on a liveaboard, the camera was protected from direct sunlight and I had no leak causing the software freeze. My solution was also to remove the battery. This has not repeated since then.

br,
Zelko

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom