Eagle Rays up North

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlanP, did you enjoy diving with Aldora?

Guess we will have to follow your boat in Feb so we can see them!

Yea and take pictures. That is the only way I get to see them. My nephew has pics with the Eagle Ray posing, then their arms around each other, then the rest of the group with the eagle ray holding a banner, then the eagle ray giving rides. I never saw a thing...... I might have seen a wisp of the banner in the distance when he left. I think the eagle ray took it with him to bring back for the next days sessions that I missed as well. Maybe I should order the prescription lens? :crying2:

Yes Ron I did. Because they have many boats I was grouped with liked divers with the same skill level so I got to go to many dive sites I never usually get to go to. What's there not to like about the steel 120's,long surface intervals at Mr Sancho's when diving in the south and Playa Azul when diving in the north and great dive masters. I had a ball and since I was staying at Vista Del Mar it was only a short walk to the pier.It was perfect and my friend got certified through them while I was out diving and she loved them too_Oh and the best part is they go out 365 days a year.I dove on Christmas as it was business as usual.

We were at Canterall on 12-26, just my wife, myself & Julio all on a 36% nitrox mix and and steel 120's. We had 45 minutes at 80' all by ourselves and the eagle rays. We had as many as 14 in formation at one time with multiple passes. We also did our SI at Playa Azul but we opted to do San Juan on the next dive instead of repeating Canterall since there were multiple boats already diving Canterall. Great dive!

Saw seven this morning at cantarel. Too windy to stop at the hotel for breakfast. Short SI near the calleta norte and a second fly&dive on San Juan. No stopping for pictures. Got three platter size lionfish.

:confined: Get out of the jar!

Surface interval at Playa Azul with a breakfast buffet followed by a second dive at San Juan reef. Fantastic!
This is good clean living. I forget how much the buffet costs but its nice. all you can eat fruit, eggs, bacon, etc... Capt. Marcelo can eat a amazing plateful of sausage links for such a skinny guy. Made to order omelets. MMMmmm...
Oh, and the Spotted Eagle Rays at Cantarel are an out of body experience. Hail to the ray's:
p1010017nz.jpg

Not the greatest vid, but here's part of what we saw last Friday.

[video=youtube_share;PR-4mBP_77E]http://youtu.be/PR-4mBP_77E[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom