EaNX and PPO2 of 1.6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure if you just phrased that poorly or you really meant exactly what you just said. Some militaries used to (still?) set their PO2 limits as high as 2.0 and IIRC some posters in this thread have alluded to regularly going above 1.6, even during 'working' portions of dives. So the literal answer to the literal question "do you (always) instantly tox if you go below 1.6 ppO2" is "no" and not "we dont know". Some people will tox fairly quickly, especially if the other factors mentioned previously are in play, but some will take longer.

If that's not exactly what you meant, maybe try restating it before the gasoline you dripped restarts the fire. :D
You just repeated what I said, which is that we dont know how going above 1.6 would affect the OP. I didnt say always. I repeated the common recreational nitrox teaching which is that going above 1.4 is unnecesarily risky.

You just repeated what I said, which is that we dont know how going above 1.6 would affect the OP. I didnt say always. I repeated the common recreational nitrox teaching which is that going above 1.4 is unnecesarily risky.

Ok. In what you said the first time, I interpreted it as "always", since we do know some things, just not everything. Thanks for clarifying.

Ok. In what you said the first time, I interpreted it as "always", since we do know some things, just not everything. Thanks for clarifying.
Yes, all I was getting at is that its not ok to go even just a little bit beyond safety limits, because there is a lot of uncertainty in how each person in each situation is affected by pressure. What we do know is that if you stay below 1.4 pp02 in recreational limts, you have low risk of problems.

Thal, that last post was too funny...........made my day so far........

Last edited:
Thal, that last post was too funny...........made my day so far........
It never ceases to amaze me, but I guess Forrest Gump was right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom