Ear issue even in very shallow water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I don't know if this is what's happening for everyone else who had this issue, but...

Mine was actually a perforated eardrum, which made the most sense. Several doctors completely missed the perforation (including an audiologist and a NP on the same day that the ENT saw it). The perf was in an area of the eardrum that looked generally weak, and the doc thought that it was possible that the eardrum was repairing itself but re-perforating under new pressure since the repaired area was weak and unhealthy looking in general.

I ended up going with a surgical repair as recommended by the doctor; we will see if that fixes it.

But I guess it's worth looking for an ENT that also specializes in ears in particular as it is possible that others aren't seeing things like a potential perforation.

A new perforation (or similar) in a recently surgically repaired eardrum would be brutal, though. I can imagine that's pretty rough -- as the recovery from the procedure is less than fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom