Ear Pain??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghosty_old

Contributor
Reaction score
I have always had problems with water getting in my ears. It can become very annoying after a week or so. I had read the posts about homemade ear drops to dry out your ears so i thought i would try it. I have also read that one should add mineral oil or lanolin to the mixure as well but i left that out as i did not have that ingredient in my home at the time. My home brew was 50% rubbing alcohol and 50% vinager. I tried this 3 days ago after some pool activities and it seemed to work fairly well. Except now i am having some slight pain in both my ears when i lay my head down, caused by the physical pressure against my ear. Have i dried them out too much. If so what can i do to rehydrate them. Will mineral oil or lanolin help now or should i get them checked out. I will also be flying this friday for a scuba trip. Hope this little home remedy hasn't screwed that up. :bonk:

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

No offense, but in the time it took you to sit & type your question here, you could have booked an appointment with a physician.

These kinds of things cannot be diagnosed over the Internet!

PLEASE GO SEE A DOCTOR!

If you are looking for one who is knowledgeable about dive medicine in your area, I suggest looking on Dr. Ern Campbell's (Scubadoc) website. He has a good list that is always growing thanks to local contributors:

http://scuba-doc.com/

Good luck,

~SubMariner~

sounds like an ear infection. to me better see a doc quickly.Ears are nothing to take chances with.See a doc right away.
joens

I did see a doctor and he told me that the homebrew that i used had irritade my ear and made it very sensitive. But no real problem. I guesse i found out the hard way in regards to homebrews. But if they work for some people, more power to them.

Thanks for the advice Jepuskar. I didn't put you on my ignore list. I put you on my buddy list. You look like you need a friend. Either that or you should add a little more bran to your diet. That might help ya.!!

Back
Top Bottom