Easter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eternum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

Does anybody know for the fact if Easter affects in any way diving operations and restaurants schedule in GC? We are planning to go to GC around that time and wondering if we need to push back our trip dates.

Thank you.

Easter and Spring Break are the peak travel season in Cayman and very popular with families because the kids are out of school. We were in Nassau, Bahamas over Easter once and it was very crowded and many of the stores and some restaurants were closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday. I would expect that it will be similar in Cayman, but I don't know if/how the holiday affects the dive op schedules.

Where are you planning to stay? Many places book up well in advance of Easter week.

Ever since that Nassau trip we have avoided traveling to the tropics around Easter. If you can move your dates to later in April, things should be cheaper,less crowded, and with better availability.

Easter is typically a zoo. The second busiest time of the year behind Christmas. I'd avoid that time if possible, as the traffic is bad, the boats and restaurants are packed, and there's generally a chaotic atmosphere.

Rule of thumb is to book your trip when school is not on vacation. September is hands-down the best time to visit Cayman.

Tony

We make two trips per year at least. The Week around 3/5 and late September or mid October. They are totally different experiences.

I have to agree with tony above. I find the quieter season the most enjoyable.

Also take into account some things cost less or more due to demand. I.e. car rental. We paid $105 in October. I have the same car booked at the same company for March at $284. Thats a lot of shore diving.

Later spring or early December "shoulder season" works well for us. The weather is good, the island less crowded, and rooms are cheaper than right at Easter. September is very good as well as long as there is no hurricane. Another option if you cannot be flexible with your dates is to go to one of the Clearly Cayman resorts. Cobalt Coast, LC Beach Resort or CB Beach resort. They are more or less working at the same level of activity all year and the number of guests is matched to the number of boats as well as having an AI, so that restaurant bookings and driving are not issues.

I find a week at one of these AI resorts tends to be less expensive and less hectic than a week of a la carte on GC. It all depends on what you want out of your vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom