Eastern WA Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you All,

I can't wait! Our freshwater dives here are pretty good but somewhat limited in variety. Most of the mud looks pretty much the same & with water levels where they are you need an ATV & hiking boots to visit the SCUBA Park.....

Thanks Again.

Steve

Give me a holler when you're up our way, and I'd be happy to show you some other sites!

Hey you two! Count me in too. I just stumbled onto this thread - sorry for being late to the party.

Steve, Walla Walla is a nice community. I bet you'll like it. You'll find lots of divers here if you give the tree a good shake.

-Ben (in Kennewick)

Escape from Purgatory is imminent....

Just returned from a job interview in the Walla Walla area.....

I am on pins & needles waiting to hear back from them. If you are so inclined please say a little prayer for me.

-----------
Lynne,

If they offer me the position I will be making a little dive odyssey up the west coast.
Catalina, Monterey & Seattle. How are conditions in the Sound this time of year??

It was almost 80 degrees here yesterday. Had to run the air conditioning. AC in February is just plain WRONG........

I hope to meet you all soon.

Steve

Holy cow, there is life in this town. I feel so isolated over here! Its just nice for me to know that there ARE other divers out there.... I know I had a thread about it.... but I feel like everyone I've talked to has always lived here, its nice to know that there are newer people to the area!! :D

Nothing productive to add, just nice to know... :D :D

Hey Kayla,

Thanks for the reply. Any diving going on this time of year?? I had planned to take the time to "dive my way up the coast" on the way up here but unfortunately plans didn't work out. I did manage one dive in the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa. 64 ddegree water temp & 35 degree air temp.
It was too cold to doff my wetsuit :) After the dive I jumped in my truck and drove back to my motel in my wetsuit :) Sure glad I didn't get pulled over...

I am ready to get wet! Where's the water????

Hey, Steve, sorry I didn't see your question before now, but it sounds like you're already in Eastern Washington. Diving is good in the Sound now -- Life is starting to come back after the winter lull, and the viz is still great.

Doc, if you check in here, Peter and I now have a boat which will take four divers nicely :)

Hey Kayla,

Thanks for the reply. Any diving going on this time of year?? I had planned to take the time to "dive my way up the coast" on the way up here but unfortunately plans didn't work out. I did manage one dive in the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa. 64 ddegree water temp & 35 degree air temp.
It was too cold to doff my wetsuit :) After the dive I jumped in my truck and drove back to my motel in my wetsuit :) Sure glad I didn't get pulled over...

I am ready to get wet! Where's the water????

I have no idea. Ive only been here a month, and so far its looking like the river or a couple of small ponds. Im gonna have to get out more and see what I can find... A lot of the smaller ponds are still frozen over... and because Im strictly wetsuit right now... that kinda gives me the shivers to think about it! :)

Hey Lynn,

I am looking forward to diving with all of you over there! How long does the window of good viz usually last this time of year?

I would love to come right over but I am starting the new job tomorrow. :D Will work for air :D

I may try for the 15th & 16th. Can you tell me if Snoqualmie Pass is the highest point on my return trip?

Kayla,

I am currently diving wet. I do have a 2nd hand drysuit I picked up a while back but have not managed to find instruction yet. I have dove with my one piece 7mm in mid 40s before I got too cold. I am going to try adding a 7mm hooded vest for diving wet up here. I may look like the Michelen Man but I should stay warm :)

Have you had a chance to check out the LDS in Tri Cities? I was going to head over there yesterday and got side tracked.

Ben,

Can you recommend any sites close by??

Thanks Everyone!

Steve

Steve & Kayla,
The Atomic Ducks Dive Club is having a social meeting at Kimos (corner of Columbia Drive and Columbia Center Blvd.) this Tuesday (Mar.4) at 6:00pm. Please come and meet some people. You'll have fun & get answers to all your questions about dive sites and divers. In a month we're having our annual Earth Day cleanup dive. It's a team competition with prizes and bbq. Lots of fun. Plenty of shore-support jobs available if you don't want to dive (water temp will be in the high 30s F).

Hope to see you both at the club meeting. In an hour you'll meet 75% of the active diving community. I think it would be a very efficient way to jump-start your community roots. :D

-Ben

Forgot to add: Bring your friend/BF/GF/fiance'/husband/wife whatever whether they dive or not. It's a friendly social environment for non-divers too. The food is pretty good, by the way, so come hungry.

-Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom