Good location in Indonesia for Manta rays, Whale sharks, and mola mola?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

44556j

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to find a place in Indonesia that has all three of these animals: manta rays, whale sharks, and mola mola (ocean sunfish). I know you can find both reef and oceanic mantas in Raja Ampat, Whale sharks in Cenderawasih Bay, and Mola mola in Crystal Bay in Bali. I also heard that Triton Bay is a good area to observe whale sharks. I read that sometimes you can observe both species for example in Triton Bay or Raja Ampat but it is very rare, I am looking for a place where they are more common together (I know of the Maldives but I am not going to that country).

I need someone who has dove in all three of these locations in Indonesia to tell me if you observed both manta rays and whale sharks and if it is possible to encounter both species in what area along with mola mola (or if mola are only common in Crystal Bay).

Thanks

I swear this is true. The Gili Islands. I have seen all three of these diving there.

Whale shark on Deep Turbo off Gili Trawangan. I have the pics to prove it.
Manta once buzzed by on Sunset Reef also off Gili Trawangan.
Mola Mola on the surface on Simon's Reef off Gili Meno. It was weird.

Based on this and all the turtles, the Gili Islands are easily the best diving in Indonesia.

:cool:

I swear this is true. The Gili Islands. I have seen all three of these diving there.

Whale shark on Deep Turbo off Gili Trawangan. I have the pics to prove it.
Manta once buzzed by on Sunset Reef also off Gili Trawangan.
Mola Mola on the surface on Simon's Reef off Gili Meno. It was weird.

Based on this and all the turtles, the Gili Islands are easily the best diving in Indonesia.

:cool:
:wink: okay, based on this once in a lifetime story, I am confident to say: Lembeh Strait...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom