EKPP reflector looks like crap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
Does it actually affect the beam underwater or is it purely cosmetic?

Hard to say. The spot looks good when tightened down... but I get a feeling that it isn't as bright as it was before the reflector turned splotchy. I can't compare it to a clean reflector 'cause I don't have another one.

Just a thought Stephen.....CLR? It is supposed to remove calcium, lime and rust from showers/bathtubs.

Steve Ash:
Just a thought Stephen.....CLR? It is supposed to remove calcium, lime and rust from showers/bathtubs.

I shall give it a shot, my wiser and more experienced brother. Thanks.

(Quit changing you avitar... can we go back to the goofy one? It's my favorite. :D

Another idea may be brasso, we used it to clean up brass when I was in ROTC. I'm not sure if it only cleans brass or also other objects but might be another option.

Avatar change.....like this one better, I thought it was pretty goofy?

I'll try that, too.

oh... this is a good one!
let's keep it awhile.... it's kinda ZZTopish!

If the reflector isn't plated you might try a high speed dremel tool with a felt drum and buffing paste followed by one of those color restore type car polishes (which are very slightly abraisive).

You might want to use some clear coat after polishing to prevent it tarnishing again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom