El Cid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Ceiba (El Cid) is about 1 1/2 - 1 miles south of town, just next to the International Pier.

It was our Coz home for several years. we used to walk to town from there quite often, I imagine nowadays it is about $6-8 to take a cab to town from there.

Ernesto's Fajita factory, Papa Hogs, Le Hatch & Blue Angel restaurants (and a couple others) are with in easy walking distance.

We stayed at El Cid probably 15 times and then decided to try some other hotels, for no reason other than to try some new hotels. We also liked it, although from the descriptions above it sounds like it's changed some. Our one complaint was always the restaurant, Chopa Loca. Great wait staff but the food was awful. Has that also changed?

La Ceiba (El Cid) is about 1 1/2 - 1 miles south of town, just next to the International Pier.

It was our Coz home for several years. we used to walk to town from there quite often, I imagine nowadays it is about $6-8 to take a cab to town from there.

Ernesto's Fajita factory, Papa Hogs, Le Hatch & Blue Angel restaurants (and a couple others) are with in easy walking distance.

Hey, Sharky, did you see my PM?

Ggun...let me clarify...in SOME cases..at SOME resorts in Coz... outside dive ops have to pay..or the customer has to pay...a "fee" to be picked up at the "specific" pier.

El Cid is NOT one of those that require renumeration for an outside dive op to pick up customers at the pier.

Bubs

I agree about the food at El Cid, nothing to brag about. IMO - breakfast and lunch are just okay, appetizers are pretty good but dinners suck. Ernesto's is just a short walk away which have good - cheap Mexican food. Breakfast for $5-$10. Paparika's is real close and ain't bad either.

Was our place to stay in Coz until we bought a house in town. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating. When arriving was always greeted by Welcome Home. Would leave computers and equipment out never worrying about theft. As said in previous , not a 5 star resort but will accommodate most of your needs. Always dove with Babieca without any issues. Was so simple to walk out of your room to the dive shop. Also there is a little convenience store in the plaza that you can buy beer drinks snacks. A little expensive but considering the cost of a taxi , not a bad deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom