El Cozumeleno, Ocean Tours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be staying at El Cozumeleno Aug. 12-19. el Cozumeleno has an on-site dive op called Ocean Tours. Has anybody scuba dived with them? Any good or bad experiences with them? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for non-diving activities in Cozumel with 2 teenagers? Coqui Diver

Coqui Diver:
I will be staying at El Cozumeleno Aug. 12-19. el Cozumeleno has an on-site dive op called Ocean Tours. Has anybody scuba dived with them? Any good or bad experiences with them? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for non-diving activities in Cozumel with 2 teenagers? Coqui Diver

Check out cozumelmycozumel and look under the things to do section. Shopping, jeep tours, submarine trip, horseback riding, museum, ruins, the east side of the island and of course places like Senior Frogs,Carlos and Charlies, and some excellent places to eat.

Can't help you with the hotel dive op. Although I have dove on the north reefs it has been on the advanced dive sites.

I've never used their diving but you'll love the hotel!!!

robbcayman:
I've never used their diving but you'll love the hotel!!!
Ditto.
But I've heard that since El Coz is so far North, they (Ocean Tours) don't get to many of the better dive sites to the south. If I were staying at El Cozumeleno and going diving, I would take a taxi to one of the shops further south.

These are the scheduled daily dives from Ocean Tours. Should I be looking for another dive op further south. Thanks in advance.. Coqui Diver

DAY FIRST TANK SECOND TANK

MONDAY PALANCAR HORSESHOE CEDRAL PASS

TUESDAY SANTA ROSA WALL TORMENTOS REEF

WEDNESDAY COLOMBIA WALL LA FRANCESA REEF

THURSDAY PALANCAR BRICKS YUCAB REEF

FRIDAY PALANCAR CAVES CEDRAL PASS

SATURDAY SANTA ROSA WALL PARADISE REEF

SUNDAY PALANCAR GARDENS CHANKANAAB REEF

Hi All!

I manage Ocean Tours at El Cozumeleño, our diving is provided by our sister company Scuba Du. We go to the southern reefs daily as you can see by the dive schedule posted on this thread. Yes, the boat ride is a little longer than if you leave from town, caleta, or the south hotels, but most of our divers don't mind being out on this beautiful water. Our 2 tank trip picks up at El Cozumeleño at 8am and returns by 12:30-1pm, sometimes a little later. We are the only shop that picks up north, and goes all the way south, and back, daily, year-round, this will save you 10-20/day on cabfare alone.

Here's a couple of reviews:

Ocean Tours/Scuba Du review

Ocean Tours/El Cozumeleño review

Our website:

Ocean Tours/Scuba Du at El Cozumeleño

Coqui Diver:
These are the scheduled daily dives from Ocean Tours. Should I be looking for another dive op further south. Thanks in advance.. Coqui Diver

DAY FIRST TANK SECOND TANK

MONDAY PALANCAR HORSESHOE CEDRAL PASS

TUESDAY SANTA ROSA WALL TORMENTOS REEF

WEDNESDAY COLOMBIA WALL LA FRANCESA REEF

THURSDAY PALANCAR BRICKS YUCAB REEF

FRIDAY PALANCAR CAVES CEDRAL PASS

SATURDAY SANTA ROSA WALL PARADISE REEF

SUNDAY PALANCAR GARDENS CHANKANAAB REEF

I have no experience with Ocean Tours so I can't comment on them specifically. They will be the most convenient option for you since most dive operators won't pick up north of town. The Palancar sites are all good dives. I enjoy Santa Rosa but it does depend on how the DM chooses to dive it. Columbia Deep is a great dive, if that's what they mean by "Columbia Wall"

I prefer small operators where the dives are picked on the boat each day based on what the divers want and the day's conditions. If you are an advanced diver you may want to look at using a smaller operation without a predetermined site schedule for at least a few days so you get to some of the advanced southern sites like Maracaibo, Columbia Pinnacles, Punta Sur.

If you can get a night dive to Paradise reef, they have been really good.

We dove with them over the Christmas holiday, 14 dive days out of 20 days on the island. They are Top Noch and Antonio bends over backwards to make sure you are well taken care of. Divemasters and instructors are GREAT! My kids did the DSD and loved Pepe & Chris the instructors. We mostly dove with Edwin as DM and took 2 specialty courses with Pepe, both are a valued assets to Ocean Tours and Scuba Du!

Back
Top Bottom