Emergency oxygen: non-rebreather mask just as good as demand valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone make a DIN to med O2 adaptor? So you can put a medical O2 reg on an AL80 full of O2.
Sorry to contradict @tbone1004 but yes they do.. We have 6 of them for our O2 S80's I'll ask as to where we got them
IMG_5338.JPG

Last edited:
I can't imagine why that would be useful now, but to each his own
Sometimes you come across as overly all knowing and full of yourself while being dismissive of others.

It would be useful now because it answered the question that was asked and tells him how to find what he is asking about. Looks like the price has come down quite a bit...

Pin Index to male DIN adaptor for Oxygen Therapy Kit

:wink:

Sometimes you come across as overly all knowing and full of yourself while being dismissive of others.

It would be useful now because it answered the question that was asked and tells him how to find what he is asking about. Looks like the price has come down quite a bit...

Pin Index to male DIN adaptor for Oxygen Therapy Kit

:wink:

I hear you, and understand that, was in a particularly bad mood the last couple of days, so probably came off a bit more gruff than usual. I was looking for CGA-870 and DIN and it appears they didn't include the CGA 870 in their description which is probably why I didn't find it.

The question remains for me though, what benefit would that really serve? If I look at it, I 100% get the other way around so you can fill a medical bottle from a scuba tank/whip. Medical fills are a pain to get, and if you have an O2 fill adapter for scuba, or even a scuba tank, being able to transfill into a medical bottle is very convenient.

For the same money as that ebay link, I can build a medical regulator with a din fitting on it so I can plug a medical regulator straight into a din valve. That to me also make perfect sense because I then get an extra medical regulator and don't have to worry about the pin index alignment and adapters and anything like that. One thing if it was significantly more money, but it's $80 either way you look at it. You do get a bit of flexibility by being able to use any pin index O2 regulator, but who has multiple medical regulators on a regular basis?

Conversely, the RescuEAN is a bit more money than either of the above options, but it is waterproof which is super nice on a boat, and allows you to connect to any gas supply as long the regulator as an inflator hose on it. Gives you the best flexibility because if you have 3 divers that already have o2 bottles on board, so long as everyone on the team as an inflator on their bottles, as you exhaust one you just make the quick connect to the next one, and when you run out, switch over to nitrox. You can do that with the above options as well, but have to remove the regulator and replace which takes time. Without a MTV-100 or demand valve on a DISS port, you can't have them switch to a demand valve either. If they are conscious, you want them on a demand valve so they get the maximum inspired fO2 and you can't get that out of the continuous flow systems

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom