Emperor Echo liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Riki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

So I have finally decided to book my first liveaboard in Egypt for the 20.4.23 BDE route with Emperor divers. They have asked for me to pay everything upfront to hold my place as it is only a month away.

Is this common practice? It is such a lot of money and am worried something may happened between now and then.

Thanks.

It is only one month away, that is very normal for liveaboards and hotels in my experience. Can't comment on this particular company however.

Pay with a CC or PayPal.

You should have an insurance covering last minute mishaps preventing you to travel e.g. sickness, broken legs, Covid, ...
Unless the T&C are so customer friendly that they will charge back you deposit. This was a huge discussion when Covid kicked in and a lot of companies kept the deposit because they had to pay their running costs.

This is normal for liveaboards. In fact, I would say a month is a shorter time frame for full payment than I usually see. I am going to the Red Sea in May and just had to pay in full for my liveaboard.

Hello, would you be able to share your experience with this company/boat? I'm looking to dive with them next year and really appreciate your feedback.

Hello, would you be able to share your experience with this company/boat? I'm looking to dive with them next year and really appreciate your feedback.
It was amazing!!! I mean this was my first liveaboard so I can't compare but everything was so professional. I did hear from other divers that the emperor echo was a little bit less luxurious than other boats but I thought it was super lush.
The dive guides, briefings and equipment were superb. The food was out of this world and in abundance. The rooms were small but I got a cabin to myself without paying a single supplement so I really can't complain. In all honesty it was one of the best diving experiances I have had. If you have any specific questions please ask ☺️

Emperor divers and their boats in general are very well run and organized.
I have not been on Emperor Echo (As far as I can recall), but I have been using mainly Emperor Divers for diving in the red sea for 15 years now and Ive never had a complaint with any of their customer service or staff either in the dive shops nor on the dive boats.
Ive done several liveaboards on Emperor Superior and Emperor Elite and its always been great crew and guides and the same goes for their dayboats.

Emperor divers and their boats in general are very well run and organized.
I have not been on Emperor Echo (As far as I can recall), but I have been using mainly Emperor Divers for diving in the red sea for 15 years now and Ive never had a complaint with any of their customer service or staff either in the dive shops nor on the dive boats.
Ive done several liveaboards on Emperor Superior and Emperor Elite and its always been great crew and guides and the same goes for their dayboats.
Thank you, I will give them a try next year for my FIRST Liveaboard!.. appreciate the information.

Glad to hear this! Doing the South and St. Johns itinerary on 6/22!

Back
Top Bottom