equalizing fast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGolfSki:
What do Canadians know? Don't they keep on sending all that cold air all the time? :wink:

One continous blow? You mean like this? :shocked:

I Agree with everyone equalize early and often just like voting!

LOL! Only if you knew!! :eyebrow:

We had a real wet / cold summer last here on the prairies, which is quite abnormal. It looks like this year might be a repeat. The good news is, I'm getting wet anyways. :crafty:

I start equalizing 1 to 2 hours before I get to the dive site if I can. This seems to help make the equalizing faster and easier.

cmcarver:
I start equalizing 1 to 2 hours before I get to the dive site if I can. This seems to help make the equalizing faster and easier.

:11: Huh? Equalizing 1 to 2 hours before the dive? What's there to equalize? Are you just blowing air through your ... you know what. :wink:

jakobus:
Yeah - holding your nose and blowing with maintained pressure is also really bad for your heart and lungs. At least acoording to this guy, who sounds like knows:
http://faculty.washington.edu/ekay/index.html

Great site, I always thought there was only one way to equalize and now I find out it's the "simplifed way" versus:

The Valsalva Maneuver
The Frenzel Maneuver
The Toynbee Maneuver
Beance Tubaire Volontaire (BTV)
The Roydhouse Maneuver
The Edmonds Technique
The Lowry Technique
The Twitch
The Take Home Message

Wonder which one GUE will adopt ....? :eyebrow:

DiveGolfSki:
:11: Huh? Equalizing 1 to 2 hours before the dive? What's there to equalize? Are you just blowing air through your ... you know what. :wink:

Dealing with allergies I've started early in the morning on a dive day by
pinching my nose and pressurizing my ears too make sure I'm ok to dive.
It's better to do that than have to abort the dive day at 3 feet!

Land Locked:
Dealing with allergies I've started early in the morning on a dive day by
pinching my nose and pressurizing my ears too make sure I'm ok to dive.
It's better to do that than have to abort the dive day at 3 feet!

I seem to have problems with one ear, my right ear, only when descending. I have recently seen my doctor on this and he suggested using NasalCort or Flonase on a regular basis, as well as using ear drops on a regular basis to remove unwanted wax.

After seeing the video from UWTV and reading the link on this thread, I have learned some new methods for relieving pressure on my ears and equalizing. Once I am able to equalize, the dive goes much smoother and feel very comfortable diving!

Bill

BigBill:
I seem to have problems with one ear, my right ear, only when descending. I have recently seen my doctor on this and he suggested using NasalCort or Flonase on a regular basis, as well as using ear drops on a regular basis to remove unwanted wax.

After seeing the video from UWTV and reading the link on this thread, I have learned some new methods for relieving pressure on my ears and equalizing. Once I am able to equalize, the dive goes much smoother and feel very comfortable diving!

Bill

I rate equalizing up with buoyancy control, master both and diving
becomes effortless and much more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom