Equipment insurance for Europeans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HerraduraDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
Herradura - Jaco, Costa Rica and Orosei - Sardinia
# of dives
Hello there,
i was wondering if somebody have experience and maybe a contact how to contract a photo gear insurance for a european citizen? I am sick of traveling with 10'000$ of photo gear in my checked baggage and the airlines denies any liability if something happens. :cussing:
As non US-resident i can't (as far as i found out) not contract a US insurance and DAN Europe don't offer such a insurance.

Thanks for yur help!

Chris

i came to the point that it is not worthwhile to insure the photo gear for flights and flooding. but why you check it in as baggage. i take it into the cabin. so it is always under my control.

on top of that strobes you have to carry in the cabin anyway.

Tschau Swisstrav,
i carry about 30 Kg. / 80 lbs of photogear with me, packed in a luggage size and a briefcase sized pelicase. No way today to bring that in the cabin.....
I have the cameras and lenses in a Loewe photobackpack, but housings, ports, strobes and so on have to travel in the belly of the plane.

Chris "Chrigel"

Back
Top Bottom