Equipment Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfdfirediver:
My team uses
Sherwood Blizzards
Gates dry suits
Recon, and Riptide BCDs

There are five other teams in the area and most use the same except dry suits. (most have Viking) All teams agree that this is the best equipment for our area.
The Gates suit and the Viking are about the same, except for the Superlight neck dam. Is all the water your diving in so clean that decon is not a consideration? I really believe that PSD is surface supplied work, not scuba.

james croft:
I think I am going to like this...........

Nobody has bitten yet. But, I think your right James. Still early. Waiting with baited breath.

mntdiver:
Nobody has bitten yet. But, I think your right James. Still early. Waiting with baited breath.

Sooooo, what are we waiting for?:confused: Whos getting the flame??

That's the definition of a troll, light the fire and then hang out to see the flame grow<G>.

I think all the color in your signature scared them away<G>.

Dive Right In Scuba:
LOL :D So should I tone it down a bit?? Im New on here and proud of opening my new store so if Im being a bit too bold please let me know...I dont want to offend anyone or be "that guy"

Tone it down a lot. It screams.

Glad you're proud, and we all want to know you have a store and how to contact it, but we can read normal sized text.

theskull

Dive Right In Scuba:
I wasn't trying to start anything....just trying to figure out what people are talking about? Is it me???

No, Mike, I apologize in advance or slightly after, anyway. First off welcome to the Board and field of public safety diving. This is an area that's been extensively discussed and sometimes heated, not so much here as in other arenas.

No offense to you or your instructor, and I/we may be waaaaayyy off on this, if so, understand that we don't know the background of your instructor. Public safety diving, although in the same family of that of other diving disciplines, it's far from the same species. It has very little in common with sport diving, sure the same basic principles apply and a diver will start with basic open water certification, but shortly after this, the comparison ends. My recommendation would be for you to research two training agencies in particular, but not limited to, Dive Rescue International and Lifeguard Systems. You'll find that there are often camps that follow one or the other, but one thing that can be said for both, they produce safe divers. This unfortunately can't be said for sport instructors that don't have the background in this discipline. There are incidents that demonstrate just how dangerous following sport instruction and methodology can be. To put it bluntly, divers die. Seek the knowledge, training and experience of those experienced in public safety diving. There are some true experts in the field and lots that think of themselves as such. Keep an open mind, read and listen, you'll figure out who's who...

I understand completely.......and Im not trying to toot any horns of my guy, I know hes good and has been doing it for 18 years, I dont know all of his credentials or lingo to be able to do anything justice. This is one reason Im on here. All I know is that the majority of those training PSD in Illinois, were trained by him.....Good, bad, or what that means....Nothing.....Im just here tryin to learn more about diving so I can educate and know more about what goes on with the different aspects of diving. So If I ask stoopid :D questions feel free to let me know that Im a newbie, but also give me some insight like you guys are doing.......26 year old ears here hoping to soak up some good knowledge from you guys that have been doing this for along time and have some good insight.......Didnt want to be just some guy that reads so you might see some occasional dumb questions....dont worry its just me :D

Back
Top Bottom