Equipment to bring when renting gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexdives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to do one day of diving in Thailand with all carry on luggage so planning on renting gear. Going to bring mask/dive computer but I was wondering what else I should bring that wouldn't normally be supplied with rental gear such as a DSMB?

Dive light? I normally dive with a DGX600 Button or similar. It's not that large and even in daylight, it's handy for looking under dark ledges and cracks.

Mask for certain, but not even sure about a computer for “one day” of diving. Rent their reg set with a puck on it. For multi day repetitive dives, maybe using your familiar box, but for maybe 3? On one day? Don’t see the need. Rent a puck.

Drift diving? Is that it? You’re glued to the DM who will likely have a float dragging deployed overhead. They will likely not allow or suggest that you make independent ascents, versus herding their group as one.

Remember: they don’t know you from the next new arrival… you will be treated accordingly and with suspicion.

Rent an SMB for $.50 if you fear bring lost adrift. They will likely not have a tether line tied to it. I always travel with twenty feet of 550 paracord.

Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses,

I’m liking that @lowwall flashlight idea. Good to have in 2nd world hotels, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom