Established Diver New to Washington, DC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rocketry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, and nice to see everyone again after my scubaboard haitus!

I am a passionate diver of 5 years-----Open Water only, with about 50 dives under my belt. I am from New York City, where I am a member The Scuba Sports Club of Westchester. I dive as often as I can: Dutch Springs, Rhode Island, Carribean, etc. Time time has come, and I am heading off to college in Washington, DC, at the George Washington University. I am ready to take my diving even further, and I would love to meet some Washington divers. I had a network of diving friends/professionals in the New York area (mostly through my club and personal contacts), however in Washington, I have none.

Can anyone point me to the right place to find an established dive club in Washington? I arrive September 1, and would like to be diving for as much of September/October as possible. Also, Local diving shops and spots? I would love to get involved with an Aquarium as well---I hear so much about the great things possible with volunteer diving programs, and I would gladly give my time for such a cause. Does anyone know of programs at the National Aquarium? (I know there is one at the Baltimore Aquarium).

Thanks in Advanced. I can't wait to become a part of the Washington diving community!

Welcome to DC! I live in the 'burbs-- Fairfax, actually. There are several clubs here in Northern Va. I would recommend The Dive Shop in Fairfax, they can probably point you in the right direction.
For dive locations, probably the biggest one is Millbrook Quarry, about an hour west of DC. Its an abandoned quarry that filled in years ago, and has depths of 85+ feet. I haven't dived it myself yet, but I understand it has all kinds of things to see at the bottom- airplane, boat, RV, etc.
Good luck!

smilies-41093.png

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom