Eustachian Balloon Dilation - anyone had it recently ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaspope

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I had that procedure 6 weeks ago, no prob at all with healing. I did this because I had (only sometimes) a problem with equalising and (while only snorkeling) one day I had a serious IEBT problem. When scuba diving I noticed sometimes I am slow to equalise the first 10m compared to the group, but now afraid to blow hard because of past trouble. One drift dive in Maldives I took 5 mins to get past 10m while everyone else was down and watching me disappear ahead. Next day I was fine and went straight to 30m in one go while others were stuck blowing to eq.

Hence I had the op and after that it felt my ears pop easily - but I know the real test is in the water and I haven't done that yet.

Any relevant experiences to share - anyone ? These threads digress in all directions so I started a new one, hoping it will stay on topic

Last DecemberI had balloon dilation of my right ET and noticed immediate improvement when flying. It wasn't until this past Septemeber that I could try it out scuba diving. Fantastic! For the first time since I began diving in 1971 I was able to almost spontaneously equalize the pressure in my right middle ear every dive and had no difficulties throughout my dives. According to the ENT's with whom I have been in contact, the success rate is about 75%. It is now available in the USA and Medicare paid for treatment of my ET Dysfunction.

Attachments

• image_50736641- David's 1,200th dive.JPG
    image_50736641- David's 1,200th dive.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 30
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom