Excellerating Force Fins vs. Extra Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just realized the Force Fins I like the most are the Extra Force Fins.....next best are the Excellerating Force fins.... There was no name on the fins other than the logo, so I actually thought the Extra Force WERE the Excellerating force fins...

Any way...Bob, when will you create more of the Extra Force...since this is my favorite, and the one I would like to get many of my friends to try :)

Now I am confused!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I had been raving about the Excellerating Force fins....I got these used.....I just found out they actually are Extra Force Fins...Many of these Force Fins do not have a model name on them.....and these two are fairly similar.....but the Extra Force are considerably larger in surface area...bigger fins, and they are a "bigger lever"..they can go faster, if you want to....and this also is a bigger control surface for hovering.

What about if I am looking for precision manoeuvring in cave and wreck? Extra still better than Excellerating?

What about if I am looking for precision manoeuvring in cave and wreck? Extra still better than Excellerating?

That would be meaning you want a motionless hover to be more precise, and that is larger control surface of the blades...which would mean the Extra Force would edge out the Excellerating force fin....but...the differences between the two are no where near as large as is the difference between the Excelerating FF and the Jets ( the jets getting toasted on reverse kicks and flutter --modified flutter also.) For Frog kick, the Jets can push a bit farther per kick ( bigger control surfaceto push with), but at anything but emergency frog kick speed--which is sort of an oxymoron--this is not relevant. :)

For precision maneuver I would actually recommend the Excellerator or its brother the Hockey Force. The Extra Force (pictured here) is a monster of a fin, but that much power is not always optimal. The Excellerator and the Hockey have a much more balanced upkick, while retaining the snap that is the signature feel of ForceFins. The more balanced kick allows me to helicopter turn, side skid, and back up, and lots of other cool tricks that I cannot do in any other fin.

I'm really confused now about whether my fins are Extra Force or Excellerator. The tip of the fin is "V" shaped like the Extra Force pictures, but the length overall doesn't match up with the XXL size shown here extra_force_fin_product Mine are 20.25" but the FF web page shows 18.625". So what have I got?

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 213
I love my Tan Delta Excellerators...by far the best fin ever made. I have swam against some serious currents with them.

O

I'm really confused now about whether my fins are Extra Force or Excellerator. The tip of the fin is "V" shaped like the Extra Force pictures, but the length overall doesn't match up with the XXL size shown here extra_force_fin_product Mine are 20.25" but the FF web page shows 18.625". So what have I got?

Those are Extra Force

For maneuvering the Excellerator has a really cool feature, the last 3-4 inches of the blade are really flexy (not soft), which allows really fine activation of the blade with minor movements. The Hockey blade stiffens this section up and you activate the entire blade, which is what makes them the best frog kicking fins.

Back
Top Bottom