Excuse me, have you seen my finger ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GQMedic once bubbled...

And I replied...: He just might be,, On a different note, being the nosey type, I looked up your profile and gandered at your pic, tell me, why is your mask sitting ON your head?

What's wrong with his mask? Where should it be other than on his head? On his butt?

Jambi once bubbled...

Around his neck. Although he does seem to be "out" of the water.

Jambi

Bull. Put the mask wherever it's comfortable for you.

jonnythan once bubbled...

Bull. Put the mask wherever it's comfortable for you.

Here in California, were most of our diving is in the ocean, we are taught to always either wear the mask on our face in dive position, or around our neck.

Up on the head is a great place to put your mask if you don't like and are looking for an excuse to buy a new one. A nice big wave will kindly remove it for you and give you the excuse to buy a new mask as you have just lost the old one.

If you dive only calm bodies of water with no waves, then I suppose it really dosent matter where you wear your mask. So I guess it all depends upon location, and how often you want to buy a new mask.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Mask around the neck is how we're taught but a discussion in the club a while ago and nobody can recall seeing, experiencing or even hearing about someone who has had a mask removed by a wave on the surface.

We've lost plenty of torches, a few computers but never a mask (off the head anyway, off the boat, yes).

String once bubbled...
Mask around the neck is how we're taught but a discussion in the club a while ago and nobody can recall seeing, experiencing or even hearing about someone who has had a mask removed by a wave on the surface.

We've lost plenty of torches, a few computers but never a mask (off the head anyway, off the boat, yes).

Maybe not, but the sea is certainly powerful enough in the surf to do this, I have lost a couple of pairs of goggles in the surf by having them up on my head, and I have been thrown upside-down, thrown up on the beach and pulled back out again several times before composing myself .
We was told not to wear them on our forehead during our padi course, but we never really got an explanation !
uh ha because of the surf , makes sense to me!

String once bubbled...
Our standard practice when dropping off or picking up divers is boat in neutral AND engine off - obviously a breakdown in communication caused problems here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes a breakdown in the divers hand !

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Whenever we get asked to clear rope off a prop or something with a boat not only do we insist the engine is off we actually insist they hand the keys to one of our group.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes that's a good idea!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the fingers - if anyone says "can you give me a hand with this engine...." politely decline :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yep I certainly will decline !

SOUTH DEVON once bubbled...

We was told not to wear them on our forehead during our padi course, but we never really got an explanation !
uh ha because of the surf , makes sense to me!

I was told it was because the typical panic attack involves the diver spitting out their reg and pushing their mask to the top of their head.

They don't want non-problem divers looking like problems.

ZenSquirrel once bubbled...

I was told it was because the typical panic attack involves the diver spitting out their reg and pushing their mask to the top of their head.

They don't want non-problem divers looking like problems.

yep that does ring a bell !
p.s how much do they pay you for being a "daydreamer" lol !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom