Expedition: Bismarck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
Dont forget to watch this special, it looks fantastic.

Dec 8th check your local listings.

I cant wait for this one, its gonna be good.

Andy

Keep your eyes open for an Expedition: Titanic in Feb. Should be some super video of both.

:D I noticed the preview and wondered how much would be diving specific. I plan to watch it as well. It just so happen that that is the last day of my scuba class.

From what i hear its gonna be alot of new U/W footage from better cameras and newly designed ROV. The new ROV uses a fiber optic teather from the ROV to the surface. A smaller unit also, able to penatrate the ship more. Should make for some awsome pics and vids.

this is a documentary on diving the ship so i think it will be all diving and the surface support operations.

I hear they will be doing a similar Titanic special in Feb also.

Andy

if i hear any specifics on Bismark or the Titanic special i will post it here.

trymixdiver once bubbled...
Dont forget to watch this special, it looks fantastic.

Dec 8th check your local listings.

I cant wait for this one, its gonna be good.

The High Definition version ( HDTV ) will be premiering on Dec 16th on Discovery HD Theater. The previews have been stunning!

Boydski

Last night on PBS there was a documentary about the Hood and the Bismarck, devoting an hour to each vessel. A very interesting show, talking about the history of each, the search tactics used to find them, and to a minimal extent, the ROV they used.

Can't imagine what the HDTV would look like: the water at the Bismarck was crystal clear! It's in 3 miles of water on a white sand surface, in what is effectively a mountain range. Very cool. I envy youse HDTV guys!

I noticed the preview and wondered how much would be diving specific.
Hey guys, I don't think your going to see much diving going on on this documentary, since the Bismark rests over 16,000ft deep.

Back
Top Bottom