Expedition Fleet - Tubbataha - MV Stella Maris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Expedition Fleet announced today they "are shutting down the business and we will no longer do liveaboard operations." Too bad, the boat was awful but the crew and staff were good!

That's a shame. I would have liked to trvel with them again if they had improved their vessels. I suspected they were ceasing because nobody responded to any of the emails I sent in the past couple of months.

If anyone hears of a replacement liveaboard operator doing Tubbataha please post their details on here.

Cheers
P

Actually coming from a background of working for the expedition fleet... most of their boats are not so good. the only one i would suggest over and over is the PE2. the reason why the crews are so good is coz they have to more than make up for the short comings of their boats. Expedition fleet is a good springboard for us as most of their crew end up on better higher standard boats. the philippine siren is crewed by an 80% expeditionfleet crew... and the atlantis azores is almost completely expedition fleet alumni except for her captain scott who is from the palau aggressor

And, having been on the Philippine Siren, I can tell you what a good crew she has. If they came from the Expedition Fleet, then they did SOMETHING right!

Hi Guys,

Stella Maris just completed her first transition trip from Batangas to Puerto Princessa under new ownership/management. With the bad weather the past three days, Stella Maris was able to complete the trip and help bring back 15 other divers who were stranded in Tubbataha, back to Puerto Princessa.
Just honestly letting you guys know this ship is lean and mean again.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom