explorer ventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks folks! Yes, we (probably I) will be at the A-1 sale, hoping to see any of you in the area.

We're hugely excited about both the Maldives and Galapagos boats. Humboldt Explorer will be outstanding - she's a low-profile steel boat (one deck above the weatherdeck only) with a bow bulb and stabilizers to give her extra speed and stability on the long crossings up to Darwin/Wolf. She has a huge, fully-outfitted sundeck with hot tub, bar etc, and all the rooms have large windows - even the ones below the weather deck, because of the raised floor and deep hull. She's being launched at the end of next week. We'll have some more pictures uploaded hopefully early next week of a finished stateroom - it's hard to get decent pictures of her exterior at the moment because of course she's covered with dust, materials and close to 50 workmen every day. We can't wait until she enters service in June!

We haven't put up photos of the construction of the Carpe Vita Explorer in the Maldives yet (we will soon), but those are great - she's a traditionally-built wood hull, and the workmanship is outstanding. Her hull is done, interior walls up, and weather deck going on - the dhoni (which is designed to be a mini-me to the big boat) is being built at the same time. She'll be gorgeous, and will be offering a full 4 dives daily (weather permitting = standard disclaimer!) which is rare in the Maldives.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but hey, I'm jazzed!

- Clay

Try Casper, WY - tack $300 onto Denver!

- Clay

Clay,

I want to thank you for the note regarding the Rorqual trip cancelations the other day. I immediately e-mailed Mary and got a quick return that night. I am now booked on the CEII for May 15. Also, thanks to Leah for getting me a great air connection from San Diego and a room on Exuma for the night before boarding.

Your team really helped when I needed it most.

Don Healy

Clay,

I want to thank you for the note regarding the Rorqual trip cancelations the other day. I immediately e-mailed Mary and got a quick return that night. I am now booked on the CEII for May 15. Also, thanks to Leah for getting me a great air connection from San Diego and a room on Exuma for the night before boarding.

Your team really helped when I needed it most.

Don Healy

Thanks Don, I'm glad to hear it - I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

- Clay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom