Fairhope, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xefe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in fairhope this weekend visiting my parents. There is a place called pelican point off of county road #1. Was wondering if there are any dive spots around here that can be accessed via land or jet ski.

Also could use a dive buddy for sunday around here, or Ill just try some free diving spearfishing.

also whats the closest dive shop to get some tanks filled around 4pm on a saturday

There at Pelican point you will find very little to see and even less Viz. That is where Weeks Bay meets Mobile Bay. The boat traffic there would make for a dangerous dive do to shallow water and all the local kids operating them. Trust me on this one I’m in that water five days a week from that point there at Bay Haven up to interstate 10. You would be better off to travel a few more miles down to the beach

I agree with the Wicker man.

Head to the beach. Plenty to dive down there and far better conditions and far safer.

Yep, that's what they mean.

When you say beach, do you mean like gulfshores ?

Sorry friend my bad, I took it for granted that since you knew of Pelican Point you were familiar with the area. Other than that poor excuse man made patch of sand they are so proud of there in Fairhope which they charge you to use( Sorry Port Track) the only other beaches are Orange Beach and Gulf Shores which both has something to offer. Since you mentioned country rd 1 I assume you will be traveling 98. For a shorter route you can continue on 98 till you come to a small town you cant miss it the speed limit will drop to 45mph. As you enter this town there will be two gas stations on your right each on a corner take that rd between them and follow it to county rd 12 make a left and follow it to 59 this will save you a good bit of time and bypass Foley

Here on the beach you will find our Whiskey wreck and the Alabama point both are interesting dives, Look up Gulf Divers there in Orange Beach before you dive the Point (rock Jetty) They can safely advise you on the tide and air fills. Oh by the way watch out for a little short guy in there with shifty eyes he might bite (joke) Gulf Divers is located on Cannel rd in a small strip mall They can also give you detailed direction how to get to the Whisky wreck as well

If your looking to get in some hook and line fishing at night Pelican point is the place to try just us locals there, and a few crabers coming in and out once in awhile if you talk to them you can get some good prices but remember NO CAST NETS are to be use here (Weeks Bay)

Back
Top Bottom