Fairy's big Sydney adventure.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and mrs.A, ive been meaning to ask you this... which is better for tourists: Sydney or Melbourne?

and mrs.A, ive been meaning to ask you this... which is better for tourists: Sydney or Melbourne?

each state offers you different things

if you want good shopping, plays, good restaurants, good public transport and all 4 seasons in the one day - go to melbourne

if you want sun and beaches, a hetic pace, traffic, lousy public transport you go to sydney

:D

****. i should have booked tickets to melbourne.

:D

I just finished reading A Sunburned Country (yes, he wrote "sunburned" and not "sunburnt" because he is American and goes all into the differences of the various places. He actually got me interested in visiting Perth and Alice Springs, but no desire to see Canberra. :rofl3:

I guess I will just have to return to Oz one day. Listen to me. I haven't even been there yet and I want to go back

BTW, the instructor for my spin class yesterday said her parents just came back from Sydney and they LOVED it. In fact, every person I've spoken to who has visited Sydney tells me it is their favorite city in the world. Well, I did love Paris and Venice, and being close to NYC I love that city too, so we'll see.

BTW, don't get PJs on my account. I don't wear any. :rofl3::joke:
Hey, I just noticed the panic button added to the smilies. Was that your doing Mrs. Almity?

I just finished reading A Sunburned Country (yes, he wrote "sunburned" and not "sunburnt" because he is American and goes all into the differences of the various places. He actually got me interested in visiting Perth and Alice Springs, but no desire to see Canberra. :rofl3:

And the American spelling there is ok, since that title was only used in America. Everywhere else I believe it goes under the title "Down Under."

And Canberra isn't as bad as he makes it seem. It's a lot like Washington, DC, in the sense that a lot of the stuff to see is museum-y or governmental in nature. I enjoyed the Australian War Memorial and National Museum of Australia a lot. There is something amusing, though, in a national capitol that doesn't really have scheduled international flights.

And the American spelling there is ok, since that title was only used in America. Everywhere else I believe it goes under the title "Down Under."

And Canberra isn't as bad as he makes it seem. It's a lot like Washington, DC, in the sense that a lot of the stuff to see is museum-y or governmental in nature. I enjoyed the Australian War Memorial and National Museum of Australia a lot. There is something amusing, though, in a national capitol that doesn't really have scheduled international flights.

How many times have you been to Oz?

How many times have you been to Oz?

3 times for a total of 9 weeks or so. Maybe going back in 4 or 5 months. Having family down under pops it up on the visit radar more often. And the fact that two of them are in the Canberra/ACT area means I get to visit there, despite what Mr. Bryson says. :D

i dont think i have been to canberra for about 10yrs.... i keep nagging hubby to go for a weekend but havent timed it right yet

they ahve floriade in spring (flowers) and you go via canberra to get to Smiggins in winter (snow) and its where we shove all the pollies to keep them off the streets :wink:

and remember fairy - its dived not doved

someone told me that they couldn't make up their minds whether they make Sydney or Melbourne the national capital... so they pick up that little place in the middle of both to make it even. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom