Family Dive Log Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have SUUNTO computers, and have yet to buy download cable, but given how our phones are constantly in our hands ANYWAY, your suggestion would fit in nicely! We also have iPhones.
My aggravation with the "Apple Empire" is not only the $30.00 cables that should cost $5.00, but that they actively sabotage your ability to use cable of your choice, which is death of business relationship. I hope that we can find good quality dive log apps elsewhere because Apple products have to go.

We have SUUNTO computers, and have yet to buy download cable, but given how our phones are constantly in our hands ANYWAY, your suggestion would fit in nicely! We also have iPhones.
My aggravation with the "Apple Empire" is not only the $30.00 cables that should cost $5.00, but that they actively sabotage your ability to use cable of your choice, which is death of business relationship. I hope that we can find good quality dive log apps elsewhere because Apple products have to go.

Suunto DM5 is available on both PC and Mac. They sync with Movescount which is available for your phones.

Go electronic and you have your logs available on the phones you are already carrrying. With the right computer (I have a Perdix AI), you can bluetooth the dive log to your phone after each dive and add whatever notes/comment you desire on the spot. When you get home, you can then synchronize the mobile app with the desktop for backup. I use Dive Log on my iPhone and Diving Log 6.0 on my desktop - the combo works great:

Dive Log

Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log
I have no idea what that means, but it obviously works if you go electronic. When I'm on a boat I never take my "real" paper log, just a note and pencil in a jar for data. I would be careful bringing electronics onto a boat--in case of water.

I have no idea what that means, but it obviously works if you go electronic. When I'm on a boat I never take my "real" paper log, just a note and pencil in a jar for data. I would be careful bringing electronics onto a boat--in case of water.
It means that the Perdix (which is obviously waterproof) can transmit the dive log directly (via Bluetooth) to the Dive Log app on the iPhone (which is in a waterproof case).

Then you can enter any additional info/comments as you see fit directly into the log for that dive right on the dive boat (no pencil/paper/jar required).

When you get home you can synchronize the Dive Log dives from your phone to Diving Log 6.0 wirelessly as well. No need to manually transcribe anything - very convenient!

Joneill, Thanks. Perdix was unkown to me (obviously), so I googled it and did see that it was for divers. Good stuff.

Joneill, Thanks. Perdix was unkown to me (obviously), so I googled it and did see that it was for divers. Good stuff.
Ahhh... sorry, I figured with all of the Shearwater/Perdix reco's that get thrown around here that everyone knew what it was :wink:!

Go electronic for sure, so easy, most boats have a cabin to store your mobile or use dry bag

I guess this thread is a bit old now but in case anyone is out there looking for a family dive log, there is now such a thing available on Amazon. If you search Family Dive Log under books on amazon you will find such a thing that is titled Family Dive Log

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom