Family friendly barrier reef cruise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangaloomaflyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone reccomend a cruise operator sailing from Port Douglas or Cairns?

We will have two open water divers in our group, five snorkellers and a 12month old in tow.

Concerned more about safety than cost.

Cheers

If you are not looking to do multiple diving ie...liveaboard....look at the Reef Endeavor Captain Cooks cruises....like a small cruise ship and you can do a couple of dives a day.

we're just looking for a daytrip so I'll check it out - cheers

Bit of a toughie but ill give it a go...........

First and foremost is how good do you want the diving to be?

Low Isles is an Island with only a Lighthouse on it ( best job in the world)

Typically Coral around Islands is not as good because it is not in deep water but I rate it as good leisure diving noted for turtle life, soft corals however not a lot of color. Snorkelling is also quite good, I find it far superior to Green and Fitzroy Islands with the Coral starting only 5 metres of the beach. Grass Huts dot the beach line which offer shade and protection for the bub.

Cost is $132 per Snorkeller ( lunch, glass bottom boat, gear provided )
Diver One Dive $112
Bub is Free

OPTION 2

Pontoon with shade, easy access into water, smorgasboard lunch, semi sub tour, underwater observatory, pram access

Beautiful colour as we are now 32 nautical miles off the coast. Big fish, lots of coral.

Cost: $189 snorkeller

As a diver 2 dives with full gear and guides $134 per diver.

Hope this is of use to you, i am not on here as much as I would like to be and always miss messages.

Can catch me at www.scubadive.com.au or email at info@divecairns.com.au

Regards AJ

Thanks mate!

I will check out your website. It will be my Dad's first dive other than in a freezing murky quarry in the UK so he will be impressed anywhere we go.

Can't wait to get up there - it's been too long since I donned a BC.

cheers for the info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom