Family vacation to Allegro? Comments??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound:
Dive Paradise lists the package prices.

Hotel Cozumel
Sorry found their site, edited while you were responding. I'll look into those, those. :)

<edit> Ok, you get much better prices booking thru Dive Paradise, it seems, than thru the hotel's site. Figurig the diving seperate, that $592 cheaper than the Allegro. An option, thanks! :thumb:

Okay worked on this some more with the Hotel Cozumel & Dive Paradise site: $592 cheaper - or factor in ground transfers not included and still $500 cheaper, and it looks like a nice enough diver's hotel. But I don't see the beach and degree of activities that the Allegro would have to keep the kids entertained...?

For a dive hotel, I'll go someplace cheaper, but for a family resort, I don't see it here?

Like I said, not as nice of a beach and a nicer pool. The beach is a manmade sandy area next to the pier you step down into the water, decent area for snorkeling. The pool is vast and there is a Kid's club that offers activities. Are they beach kids or pool kids?

BTW, I'm not trying to sell you on HC, just offer an option. There are pros and cons of each. Allegro is probably a better resort to park your butts and stay there until you leave, HC is walking distance from town and cheaper.

Well, after all this, my daughter agrees that Allegro would be the better choice - and they'd want to stay an extra day, but their budget can't handle their part of the 4 night proposition, and I'm not paying for all of it. :11:

So - they're going to block out that week for vacation, and we'll take our chances on last minute specials. Now we have no idea where we're going, but that we're going in mid June. :lol2:

The children, that I have observed this year at the Grand and every year at the Allegro since 1994 whose parents have a Mayan Nanny when they want to dive, etc., are in 7th Heaven!!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom