Famous Last Words of SCUBA Divers.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as DM and instructor asks right after a dive DM/Instructor : "did you see ... (one or combination of the following sea creatures) turtle, shark, dog head tuna , large cuttle fish ....."

OW diver1 : Nope didn't see anything
OW diver2: they (DM/Instructor) always do that, i think they have an agreement that on every dive one of them has to point to something ..... and then only they saw it...

heres one,

a diver rubs his hands over his arms while looking at me after i ask how he is.

I take it to be a sign that he was cold (as we went diving with just T-shirst and shorts instead of wetsuits. and i found the water a bit cold as well.

I bring the group up. then the guy says , "why did we go up too soon"

i said, i asked you how you were and you made the shiver sign."

he says," no i did not, i was scratching my arms "

there goes the dive .....

ScubaBOBuba:
Look! If I bang my computer against the reef it resets and gives me more bottom time!

---Bob

Nice, I like that............

1. Last one to the surface is a rotten egg.

2. Let's see if we can surface fast enough to clear the water.

3. Who wants to play torpedo and try and ram a hole in the boat.

My dive buddy keeps saying "Dont worry Dave, if you run out of air at 100 feet you can just swim to the surface".

"Of course I am a good diver, look at all these certification cards I have!"

"Hey, look at that shark, it sure looks neat with its back arched and its fins pointed downward!"

I've found that you can tell an experienced diver by how slow they swim. The slower they travel underwater, the more experienced they are.

pt40fathoms:
Heard from a newly certified diver with a total of 10 or 11 dives under his belt. (last weekend)

"30 feet 130 feet, there's no difference"

Also from this same diver.

"I don't really need a buddy, I'm only diving in the area I know"

Also heard from new diver-"I dont rent a compass, dont need to ,I will follow the group,its easier ,I cant see good up close"........(to read the compass)or anything for that matter !....wow...makes you wonder..?

I'm an instructor, I dont need to do a buddy check!

(that was me... found out shortly after that I'd turned my air off when setting up.. ran out of air on the descent!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom