Famous Last Words of SCUBA Divers.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The outboard motor is about 60ft down, if we both grab it and inflate our b.c.'s...
I lost/forgot my weights, I'll just fill my pockets with rocks until I sink................
You got your moneys worth out of that tank! (D.M. at surface=empty tank)........
The panicked diver will calm down after recieving your alternate air source..........
I usually wait until my computer quits, then I change batteries, saves money.......
You won't be so cold after you get numb.......................................................
wetsuits are suppose to be this tight., can you help me zip it up again????..........
My octo always leaks a little at first, I smack it and it goes away.......................

the guy at the shop said it was nitrox 32, so we dont need to check

It really is sad to say that I have actually heard many of the previous lines spoken in earnest! :11:

Including this little jem...

"Do I really need a depth guage, I won't be going that deep anyways."

I forgot to bring me save-a-dive kit. I'll just stay with my buddy.

Regulator service? That's just an LDS scam to sell O-rings.

Can you open my pony valve? I can't reach it strapped to my tank.

Kick hard. I need to get up to ten feet for a safety stop before I run out of air.

I need to hang my computer off the side of the boat so it will let me make my next dive.

Left shoulder buckle? Check. Right shoulder buckle? Check. Chest strap buckle? Check. Cumberbund buckle? Check. Weight belt buckle? Check. Ankle weights buckled? Check.

I'm sure the conditions will be better once we get below the surface. (I say this one a lot.) :)

Meet you back at the anchor line in 45 minutes.

Wait for the next small set of waves, then kick hard!

I use a large bladder BC to compensate for the 36# on my weightbelt.

Oh yeah? Well, at least my gear is color-coordinated!

I'm OOA. Give me your Air2!!!

My spg is off by 300 psi. Now was it + or -?

"If I just take my tank off, I'll be able to get far enough in the hole to grab the bug."

"Well, there's already dive floats in the water... I think we should be able to do it." (from a girl who had never dived CA before on a day where there was 10-15 foot waves decorated with surfers; apparently one of the divers under the floats had to be rescued by a kayak. We vetoed it).

"Hey, I'll go in the wreck and peek out the porthole, and you take the picture!"

"Since I'm staying shallow, I just wait until I run out of air and then exhale on the way up!"

"Just look at the power of the jaws on her! She lies here in the sand just waiting for a tasty fish to swim by and then wham! Right now you can't see much of her, but I'm just going to... Ouch! Crikey!!! You naughty girl!"

Ishie

"I don't feel comfortable with zero"

(air in the tank) - said by my firend when he couldn't find his boat, got himself on somebody's else one and asked by the skipper why he don't want to swim back to his boat.
Mania

the only time I've seen a Sipadan DM pale was on hearing these immortal words from a surfacing diver:

"yes, we chased a hammerhead down to 52m"

(that's about 170ft for you heathens) the guy was on a 10L air tank.
and if he really did see a shark at that depth (he tended to get a bit 'funny' after 35m depth) hammerheads were not what he saw!

FLwords.. or...Famous Last UW signals..

Just one more picture. u wait there>
(above signaled to me by buddy on my 2ond saltwater dive. at 97 feet on a dive planned to 80 feet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom