Famous Last Words of SCUBA Divers.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive tables? oh you mean what we set up our gear on.

that continuous hissing noise is just my regulator telling me air is passing through.

Some I've heard on West Palm Charters

Oh S**t! I forgot my fins!

Who in the h*ll certified you!

While the person is in the middle of his/her giant stride

Oh! My Air!

Oh! My Fins!

Oh! My Mask!

"Hurry up I'm already on the ladder."

"My ears don't fog, and my mask is clean" - I watched a lady do this one, i.e. defog in her ears and swimear in her mask.

"If I run out of air I'll just switch to my SpareAir and surface"

I thought of, "Those waves don't look that big..." as we watched set after set come it at 3-5 feet on the Oregon Coast (a long time ago). During the dive, they kicked up to 15-20 feet, and we stayed in the ocean for over 3 hours until the Coast Guard came out and got us. Thank goodness for girl friends and a buddy line (belt with "D" rings, 4' section of 1/4 inch nylon rope with brass snap hooks, positively maintaining the buddy system), a red white-water kayaker's helmet with white stripes that could be seen from several hundred yards, and a good buddy.

But the more I thought of it, the more the realization came that when the wave rolled us, there were no last words. The blasted regulator and sea water took care of that. We really didn't talk until we'd gotten the situation under control.

So my conclusion is that, for divers, there really are no "famous last words." That can occur in non-serious situations, but when it really gets rough, the words just won't come out.

SeaRat

More often than not........ the most frequent words uttered by the flight crews, shortly before the sound of impact are " aw f--k"

I would guess, a scuba divers last thoughts would be similar.

jbm

Snowbear once bubbled...
"I've done it lotsa times and haven't had a problem..."

But as jbm said, last thoughts are probably....

Just trust me.

and

I'm just going to go into the cave a little bit, just too look inside.

"I like to wear extra weight so I get down faster."

---

Not last words, but still not comforting to hear:

My buddy splashed in first and I as I was half way through my giant stride, I hear, "Damn, I did't think it would be this cold!"

Snowbear once bubbled...
"I've done it lotsa times and haven't had a problem..."

Right up there with, "that's for people that don't know what they're doing..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom