Fantasy Island...Here We Come!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Betty, Marianela is the on-site Assistant General Manager at Fantasy Island Resort. She is responsible for a miriad of tasks at the resort, but dive details are handled by the dive shop, which would be under the supervision of Rich Henry. Since we just returned, I can tell you that Rich was at the resort through Saturday. It was the first weekend they took over the resort and to put it mildly...they were a little busy! I'm quite certain he will respond to your questions soon. Don't worry - they'll take good care of you :D
Is that the same Rich we know as Fantasy Island Resort here?
When I wanted to add Nitrox to our package, I was told to make the arrangements through my booking agent. (special price at that time)

The US agent is : Fantasy Island Resort Roatan Honduras PADI Scuba Diving Snorkeling

I posted my request on the contact request form and they got right back to me. I had a nice chat with the owner.
That's in Wisconsin. Also the same guy...?

That would be me but there are a couple of us at Fantasy Island that are posting. Betty I will send you a pm now and see how I can help you and your husband.

Rich

During our trip to Fantasy Island, we did more diving than ever before...4 dives a day! (Well, not EVERY day :)) But I also found out something else...you don't even have to dive to spot some really cool stuff :D On our last day before flying out we decided to go snorkeling and see what we could find - OMG! We started near the dive shop at Fantasy Island and swam all the way to the point of the beach and then across the lagoon and all the way down the boat channel to the dive gazebo and out towards the Prince Albert. Here is a bit of what we saw along the way:

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 67
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 61
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 62
you don't even have to dive to spot some really cool stuff

The boat channel has a lot of interesting juvenile fish - some very small so go slow and look carefully.

On the beach end of the channel there are some large rocks on the land along the side of the beach where we saw 4 lionfish while snorkling.

If you snorkel out to the reef to the north of the wreck you can see quite a lot as well, lobster, grouper, pufferfish, etc, etc. There are a lot of red shrimp on this coral and you can see their eyes reflecting your dive light when you night snorkle/dive that area.

Is Robert still at FI or is this Rich Henry guy now running the dive operation there?

On the beach end of the channel there are some large rocks on the land along the side of the beach where we saw 4 lionfish while snorkling.

There are a few less now :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom