Fantasy Island...Here We Come!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well beaver meat is delicious... So why not these guys? I'd try it...:cool2:

Well beaver meat is delicious... So why not these guys? I'd try it...:cool2:

Once you did try it, you would wonder what all the fuss is about---I can tell you from personal experience it is quite tasty. Guess the tag added to Nutria (Nutria Rat) gives it a bum rap.

Once you did try it, you would wonder what all the fuss is about---I can tell you from personal experience it is quite tasty. Guess the tag added to Nutria (Nutria Rat) gives it a bum rap.

Never had it myself, but my buddy is an executive chef and cooked it at one of the nicer restaurants here in Louisiana. I'd try it!

Never had it myself, but my buddy is an executive chef and cooked it at one of the nicer restaurants here in Louisiana. I'd try it!
Order yours well done...
In addition to direct environmental damage, coypu are the host for a nematode parasite (Strongyloides myopotami) that can infect the skin of humans causing dermatitis similar to strongyloidiasis.[14] The condition is also called "nutria itch".[15]
16739f1.jpg

Well now in my "younger" days I spent many an hour in the marsh, and skinned a few Nutria during that time.....
Never got any nutria itch---but came down several times with "Jock itch"-Does that count??.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Hey ther FIR,
Your place is looking great and if i was looking for a place on Roatan to visit i would certainly consider it.
I see your images of installing new a/c units and thought i would mention that we choose the indoor units at our home that basically vent with a dryer type tube. They may be a little noisier but they are kept inside out of the breeze and direct salt spray so while they may cost a little more up front, their lifespan is much longer. Another benefit is they have a bucket to collect condensation that can be used for flushing toilets and other things and if the bucket gets full the unit shuts down so there is no dealing with the ignorant folks who think they will leave the a/c on all day in an area with minimal resources and fuel/electric costs so much higher than most are used to. Of course they can also be plumbed to drain outside so they run constant but why would you? Its not like the extra 30-50 US Dollars a week actually covers the expense of a/c if it is used all day and night

Where were you when we ordered 140 of these things??????:D

In all seriousness I appreciate your input but as I am sure you know at the end of the day it is a business and we have to go with who will be able to meet our needs in quality and in a timely fashion. I am sure you know better than most that timely is the key obstacle on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom