Fantasy Island, Roatan....No Problemo!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_Jan

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay guys,

I just returned from spending a week at Fantasy Island Beach Resort in Roatan. The resort was great, food was good, and the diving was Spectacular!!!:bogey:

We made 21 dives total in which four were from the Gazeebo to the Prince Albert Wreck and Coco View Wall. Coco View Wall was just stunning! We saw 3 sting rays, several groupers, a variety of wrasses, a giant green Moray, garden eels, sea anemones, Trumpet Fish; the largest Puffer I had ever seen about 18" in length, maybe more; Cow Fish; File Fish; Trigger Fish; Scorpion Fish; Sea Horses; ect, ect ect.

We had schools of fish on every dive. At 40 Foot Point/ Wall, there were so many schools of fish, it was hard to see, as we got caught up in several of the schools. Also saw several schools of Baracuda. I feel bad for NyScubagirl,:jpshakehe for obviously she was on the wrong boat, or with a very inexperienced DM. I even pointed out stuff to the DM for him to show to the rest of the group, LOL.

I could go on and on, but for my complete report, see my blog:

http://mydivinglife.com/DiverJan/

Pictures to be posted as soon as I can upload them all (800).

Just returned from trip to Utila and Roatan. At Roatan stayed on West Bay and dove primarily the North side and the West end of the island. The corals were absolutely beautiful and there was LOTS of sea life. The report I read from NYSCUBAGIRL certainly does not represent the Roatan I saw last year or this year. We saw more than she admitted to just snorkeling on West Bay dragging my non-diving wife behind me. (Wife doesn't dive, swim, or dog paddle, but with a wet suit she can be dragged).

Check my travel report at http://scuba.roaylcs.com and select Roatan and then select the Dives to see underwater life. I took about 1200 pictures and put a bunch of them on the site to share.

Saw huge grouper, nurse sharks (passed on opportunity to go on a shark feed), eagle rays and lots of other stuff that made my speargun trigger finger itch. Some of those grouper were nearly as big as me!!! Also saw lots of beautiful little stuff and lovely coral formations. Been to Roatan twice and stayed once at West End, and this time at West Bay. Never stayed at FIBR, and can't comment on what is to see there, but there is definitely lots of nice underwater stuff to see in Roatan and Utila!!

Yup, two more lousy vacations wasted in Roatan.

:wink:

chuck41:
Just returned from trip to Utila and Roatan. At Roatan stayed on West Bay and dove primarily the North side and the West end of the island. The corals were absolutely beautiful and there was LOTS of sea life. The report I read from NYSCUBAGIRL certainly does not represent the Roatan I saw last year or this year. We saw more than she admitted to just snorkeling on West Bay dragging my non-diving wife behind me. (Wife doesn't dive, swim, or dog paddle, but with a wet suit she can be dragged).

Check my travel report at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and select Roatan and then select the Dives to see underwater life. I took about 1200 pictures and put a bunch of them on the site to share. . . .

Sorry there are some letters in the link above that were misspelled. For my Trip Report for Utila and Roatan please go to http://scuba.royalcs.com
I guess I had such a lousy vacation that I subconsciously screwed up the link so no one else would be lured to such a terrible place. Right RotanMan?

Chuck,

I look forward in diving Utila. FIBR was busy the week we were there and needed to 'borrow' a dive boat from Laguna Beach Resort, Utila and their Captain John.

It's funny that they were busy, for I found the whole experience to be very peaceful and not mobbed as you would at some resorts down in Cabo San Lucas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom