Fantasy Island vs CCV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of all the times I've been to CCV, I once stayed at FIBR (yes, the combination of lower cost and availability sucked me right in). I spent the whole week wistful that I wasn't "home" at CCV. If I'd never been to CCV before, FIBR would probably have been fine (though nothing to write home about). That week I decided if I couldn't get space at CCV, I certainly didn't want to be at another (IMO, lesser) resort in sight of it. As always, YMMV.

If Cocoview is always full, what would they have done with their guests had a flight come in, dropped off new tourists/divers for Cocoview and had then not been cleared for takeoff with those hoping to depart? I'm just curious. Something similar happened to me once in another country. Yes the experience had its upside but the downside took away from being able to enjoy the adventure.

I was at CCV one year with a named tropical storm bearing down on Roatan, when the Saturday Delta flights were cancelled but my Continental flight went out as scheduled, there was a bit of room reshuffling for my friends on Delta that had to stay an extra day (vs. having to ride it out at the RTB airport; CCV takes exceptional care of their guests). The logistics of flights in and out of RTB pretty much dictate that the in-coming flight in becomes the out-going flight in the span of about an hour or two.

TL;DR, without the incoming flights, you don't have incoming divers that need a place to stay at the resort.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom