Fast Diver Craft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read your initial post and have to say that it sounds dangerous. Over eight foot per second seems pretty fast. Has it got some kind of shield? With no tethers or other kill switch hook ups, how to do you catch it if it takes off without you?

This machine hauls ass and would be perfect for hardcore breath hold diving . It moves around 500 feet per minute so will give your neck muscles a good workout . The main advantage is not having any strings attached and no tethering to the craft . This is no toy , a big boy at over 100 pounds so using a winch from my boat makes it a piece of cake . I have been on hiatus and aiming to get back in the water .

Pics or it didn’t happen.

This machine does have a electric 42 volt DC motor turning the propellor at 1000 RPM and
a big 3000 watt battery giving a total 125 pounds of thrust . Need I say more ?

Yes, you need to say more.

This machine you drive underwater . Call it a Diver Propulsion Vehicle , Diver Propulsion Devise , Diver Craft or Diver propulsive Mechanism . Need I say less

You haven’t really said anything.

I really do not appreciate a lot of negative comments since most know nothing about the topic and it having a application toward free diving . I can dive with double tanks with no fins and harness effortlessly .

I’d really like to see this freediving with double tanks 🙄

It's likely the OP is referring to: STIDD Diver Propulsion Device
1703477252752.png

For recreational divers, check out videos by Performance Freediving International, and their Formula 3 Freediving race.

I really do not appreciate a lot of negative comments since most know nothing about the topic and it having a application toward free diving . I can dive with double tanks with no fins and harness effortlessly .
Once you stop feeling offended, just come back here and we'll provide.
We might know more about topic than you do, once we figure out what the bloody topic is in the first place.

Two other machines the OP may be thinking of, the AquaDart or the SeaBob. Doubtful, as the specs cited in the first post say 100lb, and 500fpm, but both of the above achieve 1200fpm and weigh 75lbs or less. If I dived off my own yacht, either would be an interesting toy. For now, I'm looking for something that's: Transportable by commercial airplane; Portable enough to carry up a boarding ladder while wearing all my gear.

This is a unique hand built custom one of a kind on this planet . My ulterior motive is to attract like minded people like young college student engineers to test and develop a new field of propulsive mechanisms . This devise has been my test bed for wider applications . My big problem is needing patent protection . I have no desire to manufacture or sell to the public

My big problem is needing patent protection . I have no desire to manufacture or sell to the public
So why do you need patent protection?

It is something that has not been invented . Simple but why it has been overlooked to date is another question . A picture or a video could lead to a big defense contractor slapping a patent and telling me that I cannot use my own invention .

Yeah. They are well known to trawl Scubaboard for pictures of things to patent. That's how patents work.

So you are saying it doesn't even exist. And no desire to manufacture one either.
This poster just gets weirder and weirder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom