Fast Diver Craft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks a bit slow but it would still press your mask against your face and get your hoses flapping

Great music!

Aren't fins bot hquiet and DPV? Or at least diver propulsion device/tool/thingy?
It's why I love them.

Late contender for thread of the year.

Anyone here have any actual experience using one of these things in the military or back in the day before people realized they're a pain to navigate and not really worth building for recreational purposes? If so whats it like? Fun? Not as fun as one might expect?

This one was for sale a while back, sexy but the asking price was way too high.

00S0S_23IBTOYaLEM_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I'd like to build a ducted propeller kind of thing. Just for the fun of it.

I have access to batteries and such. Just would need a motor and impeller.

Add a suicide cord, for charging and zapping other divers.

I knew a kid back in high school who built a submarine with his Mom's Blessing. (She paid for the parts) He bought an old fuel tank from the Air Force scrap yard and went to work. When he was finished, he had a wet sub, powered by electric motors on wings, two seats big enough to wear twin tanks while sitting, onboard diver air supply and a separate air tank to blow the ballast water out and float.

He'd tow the thing out to sea, climb in and submerge. It was so maneuverable, he could do barrel rolls with it! It was impressive back in high school in 1975. I hated him because he had college age diver babes hanging off of him wanting to go for rides in his submarine. Ewww. He wasn't even studly like me. Go figure. A Nerd with his own submarine.

Back
Top Bottom