Fatal Depth book...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU:
While I thought Last Dive was good, Deep Descent was better, and Shadow Divers was the best.

Also if you like Deep Descent, Try McMurray next book about the Empress of Ireland call Dark Descent. I'm 3/4 throught the book and it is pretty good.

Hyper-limits:
Try McMurray next book about the Empress of Ireland call Dark Descent. I'm 3/4 throught the book and it is pretty good.

well... i read Dark Descent and wasn't that impressed
with the writing. it seems to drone on and on...

however, i kept reading because it had some good info.

Deep Descent was a lot better, IMHO

H2Andy:
well... i read Dark Descent and wasn't that impressed
with the writing. it seems to drone on and on...

however, i kept reading because it had some good info.

Deep Descent was a lot better, IMHO

I agree totally with that. I had read Deep Descent as my first book on diving. I guess that kind of set the bar for what I read later. I found that in Dark Descent, the accidents didn't seem as detailed or hard hitting. More divers died on the Doria, and it seemed as if first hand accounts were more abundant.

After reading those, I read The Last Dive which I thoroughly enjoyed. Their bickering was annoying at times and you could see the downward spiral, but it also let you get to know them better. Which in turn made the tragedy hit harder in the end.

I read Shadow Divers most recently, and that was my favorite. If you have read it, and have questions for John Chatterton (or even Richie Kohler) head over to the History Channels website. They both post and answer questions on the discussion board for their show "Deep Sea Detectives."

Back
Top Bottom