Fathoms Magazine Gone, Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have issues 1,3,11,17,18,1920 and 21

In issues 1,3 and 11 it states editors Fred Garth & Bret Gilliam. Publisher G2 publishing.
In issues 17,18,19,20 and 21 it states editor Eathon Gordan. Publisher David J Fishman

I have issues 1,3,11,17,18,1920 and 21

In issues 1,3 and 11 it states editors Fred Garth & Bret Gilliam. Publisher G2 publishing.
In issues 17,18,19,20 and 21 it states editor Eathon Gordan. Publisher David J Fishman
Fred & Bobby (GarthX2... G2 Publishing) apparently had a parting of the ways with Gilliam et al.
Haven't seen Fred since the split; I'll probably see him New Year's Eve, where I'll ask if he's perhaps contemplating getting back into things, or not.
IMNSHO Fred ought to resurrect Scuba Times, in my opinion the best Scuba mag ever published :)
Rick

Oh so THAT's what happened - I've been waiting for my next issues to arrive for quite a while - glad I checked and I will try and contact the new mag too. If its the same group then there are a couple of mags that should be coming my way...

Thanks for the tips!
Steph

Hi all-

This is my first post on Scuba Board!!! I just wanted to post a little note on Scuba Board regarding Diving Adventure Magazine. I have received many calls over the past few weeks from folks curious about our magazine so here is a little information about us

The background, Diving Adventure Magazine is currently produced by International Training (SDI,TDI & ERDI). We were the original staff that created, produced, and managed Fathoms Magazine when it was owned by Bret Gilliam- before it was sold years ago. This experience and expertise allowed us to create our own new publication with regularly scheduled release dates, superior customer service, and the lavishly illustrated publication readers have come to demand in a diving magazine; hence the birth of Diving Adventure Magazine in 2007.

Also, due to many relationships we have with and continue to develop, many of the professional authors you may have seen in other publications agreed to write for us including Stan Waterman, Doug Perrine, Tim Rock, Rod Klein and Bret Gilliam (lots of red wine was necessary to get Bret out of retirement and to agree but in the end he couldnÃÕ resist our advances :wink:). In addition, we decided to design our own custom travel program exclusively for Diving Adventure Magazine Readers. Currently, we have trips scheduled for Truk Lagoon (lead by Richie Kohler of Shadow Divers), Solomon Islands, Komodo Islands and several more exotic destinations.

If you want to know more about Diving Adventure Magazine please give me a call or drop me a line:
Diving Adventure Mag
Phone: 888-778-9073
Email:travel@divingadventuremag.com

Best Regards,

Stephanie Miele
Diving Adventure Magazine

... If that new magazine is run by the same people that ran Fathoms to start with why would anybody subscribe to it. It sounds I little bit FISHY to me.

I'm the managing editor of Dive Adventure Magazine... and the upper management and ownership of our magazine has nothing at all to do with Fathoms. Bret Gilliam -- who sold Fathoms to an investment group some years ago -- is an old friend and we've engaged him as a senior travel editor with our magazine. Nothing fishy except lots of great pictures of marine critters! Hope this helps.

Stephanie... thanks for contributing to this thread!!

Got my issue in the mail yesterday - D.A. is a great mag, not a replacement of Fathoms, but very well laid out, interesting read for divers stuck on surface interval. Guess its time for another subscription...:D

Steph

Stephanie, Steve:

This is excellent news and I congratulate you. Any chance of distribution or subscription sales for hose of us who have to live on the other side of the pond?

I was told in September (email from Fathoms) that a refund for my remaining subscription would be sent in 4-6 weeks. No sign of it yet and subsequent emails have gone unanswered. Has anyone received a refund since the magazine folded earlier this year?

I didn't even realize it had stopped until this thread. Looking back I think I got I got 2 issues of the last 2 year renewal I paid for - no notice it was ending, never mind a refund. And I know they have my email as I used to get emails from them.

Greetings Leapfrog,

Yes, we can ship the magazine to you on the other side of the pond. We add a little to the price to cover the cost of shipping ($10.00 additional for 4 issues and $20.00 additional (1 yr subscription) for 8 issues (2 yr subscription). Feel free to email me with any additional questions... travel@divingadventuremag.com

Thanks,
Stephanie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom