Fathoms Magazine Gone, Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Stephanie.... email on it's way.

Stephanie:

I got Dive Adventure Magazine for awhile but haven't seen one in quite awhile. Could you see if my subscription has lapsed or something?

Douglas Ebersole
TDI Inst# 11374

Stephanie:

I got Dive Adventure Magazine for awhile but haven't seen one in quite awhile. Could you see if my subscription has lapsed or something?

Douglas Ebersole
TDI Inst# 11374

Hey Doug: hope all is well with you! You should be getting the magazine as part of your SDI TDI pro-level membership... PM me your address and I'll check the last mailing to make sure your name and address were on it. Occasionally a name is removed if there was ANY trouble with USPS

Dear Leapfrog,

Just wanted to touch base. I did not reiceve an email from you and just incase you sent something I don't want you to think it was ignored. I did have a few email issues last week but they have since been resolved.

Best,
Stephanie

Hi Doug,

According to Steve Lewis' last posting he was looking into the snafu. I did check into your file and have some questions for you. Please give me a call at SDI/TDI HQ 888-778-9073 so I can verify some information with you.

Looking forward to speaking to you.
Stephanie

I received a letter today ( 12 06 08 ) from Fathoms Magazine stating (short version) "That due to difficult market conditions, rapidly rising paper, production and distribution cost along with management health issues which disrupted the publication schedule and future viability of the magazine" They have suspended operations.

Ben Davison of Undercurrent has Volunteered to give each subscriber to Fathoms a equal number of Undercurrent issues that Fathoms owes them. This includes subscribers to Undercurrent and non subscribers alike.

Diving Adventure Magazine - another Bret Gilliam and company failure. Over the years I've subscribed to almost all the publications Bret and friends have been associated with in one form or another other. First it was Underwater USA a newspaper...went flop, next it was Fathoms magazine...flop and finally their latest and greatest publication Diving Adventure magazine! Admittedly their publications were National Geographic quality and the writing superb. In each instance I ended up with some other publication I didn't want when they went belly up. Not so this last time. This time the e-mail and letter told of how their publication was going "green" no longer wasting paper, oh no, this was going to be a digital magazine of the highest quality (as was Fathoms and ). So what did I do..I extend my subscription in support of their effort. Oh I could have my money back if didn't want a "green" magazine, but what the heck. Months pass and I get nothing. A call their office in Maine...gone; I send their editor Steve Lewis an e-mail...no answer. So yes they have gone "green" with my greenbacks and how many others. My advice, next time you see a really great dive magazine, check the masthead and see whose behind it. If it's these buy it on the newsstand and forget the subscription...spend the money on dive equipment and travel instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom