Favorite Dive Movie, Documentary, Television Show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DDNJ, just bought two copies of the book Shadow Divers today, one for me and one for the wife. It's going to be our travel book to take on a trip to Cozumel the end of next week. I started reading it today while waiting in Dr's offices for my annual physical. I don't think that book will make it to the end of next week. Wow. Well written and hard to put down. Nova's Hitler's Lost Sub will probably be waiting on our doorstep when we get back.

DDNJ, just bought two copies of the book Shadow Divers today, one for me and one for the wife. It's going to be our travel book to take on a trip to Cozumel the end of next week. I started reading it today while waiting in Dr's offices for my annual physical. I don't think that book will make it to the end of next week. Wow. Well written and hard to put down. Nova's Hitler's Lost Sub will probably be waiting on our doorstep when we get back.

If you are a member of Netflix you can get that Nova show through them... , I too have read Shadow Divers and can heartily recommend seeing that Nova special if you can get it. If your not a Netflix member you can jus' go to their website and they'll give ya', I think its 2 weeks, for free.... more than enough time to get Hitler's Lost Sub.

:)

The Deep. Jacqueline Bisset was, well just perfect.

Yes they were.

I would have to say Shark Water by Rob Stewart is my favorite dive film. The music, atmosphere and message all worked well together to create a great film! Some others I liked are:

Coral Reef Adventure
Island of the Sharks
Blue Water/White Death
Into the Deep
Voyage to Kure, 1 and 2
America's Underwater Treasures
Sharks at Risk and Whale Collision Course

Also the whole Mysteries of the Deep series was great, it's a DVD collection of Undersea Explorer which is a Canadian produced show. Tom Campbell does most of the video work in it, he does the video work now for the Blue Realm HD series on HD Theater.

Also have any of you guys been watching "Wildlife Man" on HD Theater. He dives a lot on there, almost every episode is at least 50% or more dedicated to diving. The last one was really good, it was all diving and he took his son to the Great Barrier Reef. He sure isn't a replacement to Steve Irwin but he reminds me of that sort of conservationist.

Just watched "Into the Blue" and "The Deep" back to back. It's the exact same movie!!!! Sure, there are variations on a theme, but the storyboarded plot is practically identical. Drugs found co-located with a treasure wreck, needing to identify the wreck to claim the prize, bad guys wanting the drugs, good guys wanting the treasure, good guys retrieving the drugs for the bad guys, and bad guys all getting killed.

Plus there are many scenes that are EXACT duplicates (hot gal gaffing the guy on the boat, explosion of the drug vessel, finding the gold in the very last scene).

Jessica Alba is nice, but Jaqueline Bisset wins hands down. I think my wife and I are going to have to do a white t-shirt shore dive next week in Coz (she'll wear the t-shirt!).

The Abyss is one of my favorites, but only with the really cool alternate ending. Anybody seen that? When Ed Harris is taken into the undersea city and meets the creatures there and they show him images that basically say "We can destroy you all if you don't take better care of the planet." That was awesome.

The Abyss (the extended version), just watched it last night for the first time when I couldn't sleep. It is also remake with a very effective updated plotline. It was much better than the dated 1951 Sci-Fi original "The Day the Earth Stood Still." I totally missed the connection when I saw the theatrical release because the ending just didn't make sense. The extended version ending reveals the origin though. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

The Abyss (the extended version), just watched it last night for the first time when I couldn't sleep. It is also remake with a very effective updated plotline. It was much better than the dated 1951 Sci-Fi original "The Day the Earth Stood Still." I totally missed the connection when I saw the theatrical release because the ending just didn't make sense. The extended version ending reveals the origin though. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Yeah, ever since I learned about diving the ending bothered me because they didn't decompress at all. That's somewhat explained in the extended ending.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom