Favorite "dive" movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With Richard Widmark .... a great movie!

Ahhh, memories,

I used to like a show called "Danger Bay", it was on in Canada, and I think it was the first time I saw anyone Scuba dive....in one way or another....:confined: ...I am surprised none of the guys have mentioned baywatch, I seem to remeber they would pull out a pony bottle once in a while for a daring rescue...:rofL:

who wrote all those WWII frogmen books? He also wrote several on other naval warfare. Rob something? Something Robb?

I want to say Robert Conrad but that can't be right. . . I know the books you are talking about.

but I have seen so many versions of it some of which are definitely better than others.(European Release, North American Release, Director's Cut, DVD version etc.)

I like the James Bond scenes in the Spy Who Loved me with the Lotus which turned into a Submarine. I can't remember the name of it but the one with the huge scuba diver battle scene was fun too. I love to hold my breath while watching Bond fight without a regulator for an eternity.

I can't believe no one mentioned The Phantom Menace:wink:

Good call by the way on the old Pamela Anderson and the "Spare Air" scuba rescues.

The oxygenated liquid in the Abyss was cool, I have a great university biology text with a photo of a rat submerged in superoxygenated liquid.

What about really bad movies with scuba scenes in them. Dont know what it was called but last week I watched a circa 70's Horror flick about a nasty underwater creature. diving scenes were not bad esp the one with the model diving topless and being lunch for the evil sea monster. Acting was soooo bad it was hard to stop watching it :) Must have helped inspire jaws cause they blew up the monster with a tank of compressed air and a stick of C4.

My favorite movie with scuba diving is The Deep (have to agree with Romer Treece on this one -- I never drink before I dive). The scene with the moray eel was awesome! The Abyss was ok, but once you've seen the abyss for real, seeing it on film is never quite the same.

As for James Bond flicks, my favorite underwater scenes are For Your Eyes Only (Roger Moore and Carole Bouquet diving in the Aegean) and Thunderball (best underwater fight scenes in cinematic history).

Worst scuba diving movie in history in my opionion has to be Jaws 3 -- shark looked stupid enough in regular viewing, and even worse in 3-D. Nice use of Spare Air by Dennis Quaid and Bess Armstrong, though.

divrnr once bubbled...
"The Deep" with Jacqueline Bissett, that's when I was hooked on diving... for you guys you know what I mean...=-)

OH YES, I know exactly what you're talking about. :1st: :cuddle: :lovestrk: :gotcha:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom