Favorite "dive" movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The opening scenes of the Deep.

I enjoy Sea Hunt, I have about 80 episodes. Anyone have any they wish to dup and trade?

tinman once bubbled...
Help me out guys. I think it was called "Ocean Quest" or "Sea Quest". It was a series of T.V. specials with a beautiful women being put in over her head in various situations. One had her testing shark mesh that was suppose to be impervious to shark bites. So they chum the water, throw on the Knight in Shining Armour gear and offer their arms to passing sharks to bite, shake and try to yank off. Fortunately, none of the sharks decided to try taking a bite out of the reg and unprotected faces of these pioneers in animal behaviour. She looked very good both in and out of armour as I recall.

It was called OceanQuest and it starred former Miss Universe Shawn Weatherly and famed underwater cinematographer Al Giddings. Giddings taught her how to dive and put her through some incredible stunts, like ditching her gear at like 100 feet and ascending on one breath. They travelled all over the world diving, and it really reinforced my interest in scuba. Besides, Shawn looked awesome, in or out of a wetsuit. It was on in the late 1980's, if I recall correctly.

The later "new" episodes of SeaHunt were pretty good, too, with former Tarzan Ron Ely and a Canadian girl that looked fabulous (can't recall her name), that played his daughter.

Better edit that photo, Kris, before the Regulator's download the pic. It might violate the posting policies. :)

The Abyss...there's just something about that liquid air. feels like I'm missing out

Favorite movies:

"Beneath the 12 Mile Reef" - most of you are too young to remember this one but it was the one that hooked me on the underwater world when I was 9.

All the "Sea Hunts"
"The Big Blue"- although I could never figure out the ending!
"Creature From the Black Lagoon"
"Jaws"- the first one; the others especially III were stupid.
"The Deep"
"The Abyss"
"Ocean Quest" especially when Giddings got out of the cage with two Great Whites circling him.
"Blue Water-White Death"
All of Bob Ballard's wreck documentaries
and maybe "Finding Nemo" (is that a "dive" movie?)

Barracuda2

I'd have to go with the Abyss

How can you not like something that lets you stay down longer and go deeper? I'd be the first to sign up for that!

:wacko: my movies!! :D

I edited the photo and added one here. Everyone seems to like the Deep.

Where do you dive? I lived in Phoenix twice and Yume for 4 years.

Bringing to the front....
How about all the "roaring shark" videos? Shark Attack, Shark Hunter, Shark Zone, Red Water, Deep Blue Sea, Meglodon... They make the Jaws franchise look intelligent!
And there are alternative spooky creatures, like piranha (Piranha and Piranha II), octopus (Tentacles and Beast), crocodiles (Lake Placid), and other out-of-control aquatics (Leviathan, Deep Shock, Creature).
I'm still waiting for Pufferfish Go Wild!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom