Favorite Food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimchi is a staple of most Korean's cuisine and for all intents and purposes it's the national dish.

This spicy-hot, extraordinarily pungent condiment is served at almost every Korean meal. It`s made of fermented vegetables - such as cabbage or turnips - that have been pickled before being stored in tightly sealed pots or jars and buried in the ground. It`s dug up and used as needed. Kimchi can be purchased in Korean markets. It will keep indefinitely in the refrigerator.

You really need to try some, your taste buds will thank you :D.

quarrydiver68:
What in the world is Kimchi?

Korean pickled cabbage. They take cabbage, cut it up, add spices & pickling juice of some kind and bury it in an earthen pot for 6 months or so. Depending on time buried and who makes it(spice combination) it can be relatively mild or hot enough to melt your socks and underwear!:11:

Rolo ice cream.
Spicy Sezchuan crispy beef.
More Rolo ice cream.

In that order...Mmmm

I am with SpeedHound...Indian food is the best. I have gone so far as to bring some back from England. I have also been known to bring it back from NY as there are no decent Indians here in Tampa.:kwijl: :kwijl: Even worse, I have gotten up in the morning when I am abroad and snacked on leftovers....it's the only time I can get that food unless I am in NY!

~Fish Whisperer...can you come up here and cook for the Gourmet Divers? Your cooking sounds great!
As for my favorite foods...King Crab Legs (beats Snow Crab), Lasagne, good wine, chocolate, ceaser salad...
Now I am hungry!
K

devolution365:
Mine too! My parents introduced me to 'em when I was little. That little mistake lead to expensive birthday dinners for me every year! They used to joke with me before we left:

Dad -"Okay, we're going to the seafood restaurant, what are you going to order?"
Me -"A cheeseburger off the kid's menu."
Dad -"Alright, then."

Then I'd order a pound of crab legs and they'd pretend they were mad at me.

...maybe you had to be there. I came from a kindof weird family.

Funny story. I can relate to the goofy humor-Sounds like my family!

Rap

scubak:
~Fish Whisperer...can you come up here and cook for the Gourmet Divers? Your cooking sounds great!
As for my favorite foods...King Crab Legs (beats Snow Crab), Lasagne, good wine, chocolate, ceaser salad...
Now I am hungry!
K

Well, I can only make a handful of dishes, but I'm not such a bad chef, if I say so, myself.

Chili (impossible to screw up), old-fashioned beef stew (again, impossible to screw up), pot roast (impossible to screw up), peach cobbler (impossible to screw up), creme brulee (very easy), and blueberry muffins (again, very easy) is about the limit of my expertise. :14:

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom