Question Favorite resorts in Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lancerator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know theres alot of resorts up North But hate the boat ride to southern reefs:)
Any suggestions of favs down south.

Depends what is important to you. Our favorites are Iberostar and Fiesta Americana. We did not care for food (eatable but low quality) at Occidental and Allegra. Residents Reef is a condo complex and you do you own thing but need a car. Never stayed at Secrets and Sunscape because I could never can get past the sewer smell when we pull up with dive boat to pickup divers.
We now just do condo's.

We've stayed at most of them. Fiesta Americana & Explorean were our go to resorts (stayed 10+ times) but they've lost all their oceanside facilities (over two and half years and counting!), including any use of the pier, which makes them hard to recommend at the moment. Out of the rest down south, Iberostar is the best option unless you get a very good deal at Secrets or Dreams (both are vastly overpriced for what they offer and are nothing like other Secrets or Dream resorts). Agree with OregonDM - Allegro has cafeteria grade food. Occidental is better but you only get 3 a la carte rezzos per week unless you upgrade to their Royal Level, which we did, as the buffet is not good. I'd only stay at Occidental again if it was considerably cheaper than Iberostar. Sunscape is rundown and the food is meh.

We will be avoiding the Occidental (and other Barcelo properties like the Allegro) after an atrocious customer "service" experience in December. Shame, it had its nice points.

Ive been staying at the Presidente for the last 21 years once to three times a year. Yes the prices keep getting higher and quite frankly don't make sense compared to everything else on the Island but every time I try somewhere else I end up going back. To me nothing beats it. The beach front rooms just open the slider and the boat is right there waiting for you in the mornings. Easy taxi to go in town for dinners. Snorkeling was excellent before 2005 but still decent compared to everywhere else. So yes I still bend over and pay the price because I'm always happier there than anywhere else. My 2 pesos.

We've stayed at most of them. Fiesta Americana & Explorean were our go to resorts (stayed 10+ times) but they've lost all their oceanside facilities (over two and half years and counting!), including any use of the pier, which makes them hard to recommend at the moment. .....
You can still use the ocean just tge restaurant and bar facilities are closed. We bring 32oz Ozark tumblers with us
to any AI. Iberostar and Fiesta have good food. The Palace has best AI food.

You can still use the ocean just tge restaurant and bar facilities are closed. We bring 32oz Ozark tumblers with us
to any AI. Iberostar and Fiesta have good food. The Palace has best AI food.
We have stayed 3 times since the oceanfront facilities were closed and have done the Bubba picnic oceanside. And the daily taxis to marina Fonatur because the pier is closed 🙄

However, each time was worse than the last. After they let the only remaining pool deteriorate to the point where it became too dangerous to hold any activities in it, we stopped going. Which is a shame as we enjoyed the food and service there. We only found better at Palace (at twice the cost).

Back
Top Bottom