Feb 3rd...NorCal get together at Pt Lobos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate:
I do believe the Cypress Seas does just that. If we got enough people, we could probably have them go where we want.

The 3rd would be best, since my club will probably get a vaction rental for the weekend and that weekend has the best availability.

Then I vote for the third...

I'll call the Cypress Sea manana and set something sweet up for us
Edit...I always bring nice gorgeous weather with me when I dive...ask any of the members of the dive clubs I belong to and have arranged boats for in the past...it will be almost spectacular as the central coast itself is...

Oh, also, technically, Lobos Rocks is in Southern California...hahahaha

Ok, we will trust in your powers of weather persuasion! In the meantime, I will see what interest I can drum up.

So Chuck, if the weather is good, does this sound interesting to you?

How many do you need for a charter on the Cypress? I only have experience with the Escapade.... and I do like the fact that it is the fastest boat in Monterey :)

Hey, I've been to Lobos Rocks when Chuck was there. It's a difficult shore dive, but for a boat dive, throw out a current line and call it good. Intermediate on most days. And since they're rocks, you can always find a lee side to anchor on.

http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/swell/CDNDiveSites.html

scroll down to Big Sur, then click on Lobos Rocks.

Ben_ca:
How many do you need for a charter on the Cypress? I only have experience with the Escapade.... and I do like the fact that it is the fastest boat in Monterey :)

I'm not sure, but I know that it is bigger than the Escapade and you can do three tank dives instead of two. They can also fill Nitox.

I've done 3 tank dives on the Escapade, most everyone I dive with brings their own doubles + stage .. I was thinking since it was smaller, less seats to fill for a charter...

It would be fine with me. I could probably bring down 10 people, so that would leave the rest to the Monterey crowd.

Ben_ca:
I've done 3 tank dives on the Escapade, most everyone I dive with brings their own doubles + stage .. I was thinking since it was smaller, less seats to fill for a charter...

Doubles? are you a kool aide drinker, too???? it's ok...I understand the addiction...just not the weight! hee hee...

more dives for the buck works for me...I prefer to dive nitrox, so if one has nitrox and the other doesn't, I vote for nitrox...

Chuck...sorry if I came off harsh...had too much caffeine and little sleep the past couple of days...

And, always get excited when thinking about diving up that way....the northern most part of So Cal and all....:wink:

renpirate:
It would be fine with me. I could probably bring down 10 people, so that would leave the rest to the Monterey crowd.

If we just charter the whole boat...we canmake the price lower...

like I said, I will call the Cap't and see what deal he's willing to make for a whole boat...

SoCalAngel:
Doubles? are you a kool aide drinker, too???? it's ok...I understand the addiction...just not the weight! hee hee...

more dives for the buck works for me...I prefer to dive nitrox, so if one has nitrox and the other doesn't, I vote for nitrox...

Chuck...sorry if I came off harsh...had too much caffeine and little sleep the past couple of days...

And, always get excited when thinking about diving up that way....the northern most part of So Cal and all....:wink:

Cmon if Lynne/TSandM can lug around doubles anyone can :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom